Chapter 20

Luhan gapes at the image of the mighty and domineering Oh Sehun, kneeling and kissing her feet as if she’s a holy being. His muscled back firmly traced by the white button down he’s wearing as he continued his ministrations. She took a step back, completely astonished.

“Let’s talk when you are finally sober, Sehun.”

“Luhan…” his voice broke, head tilting upward as if he’s completely surrendering to her. His bloodshot eyes only intensifies the twisting of her heart. “Can we go back… to the time that you only love me? I… I can do better than him. I… I will do better for our family.” His hand automatically reached to her stomach.

No, Luhan can’t let herself waver from this.

“I will do everything. I… I will be the man you will ever need. I will be a good father for our children. J-just please… please love me once again.“

Luhan gasps when Sehun fell unconscious while still kneeling before her. She instantly checks if he has injury from bumping himself on the floor. She let out a sigh of relief when she found that he’s fine. Now, what will she do? Sehun is too heavy and his large frame is enough to pin her on the floor.

“Bring him to your young mistress’s room.” Luhan got startled when her mom’s commanding voice reverberated on the living room.

Luhan’s left in daze when two of the guards lifted Sehun and brought him upstairs. It took a few minutes before she realized what her mom ordered. “W-what? Why my room? We have so many guest rooms, mom!”

Qian took a brief look on Luhan’s untangled robe then stared directly at her eyes. “Don’t give me that tone, young lady. Just because you are pregnant doesn’t give you permission to talk to me like that. Anyway, we’ll talk a bit before you go back to your bed.”

Her cheeks turned crimson when she realized that she haven’t knotted her robe yet, not to mention that her stomach’s still a little bit exposed. She tied her robe and fixed herself. She can still feel the tingling sensation of Sehun’s lips on her stomach and feet. She was beckoned by her mother toward the couch.

“I saw what he did, darling.” Her mom said in a warm and soft voice.

“It doesn’t mean anything, mom.” Luhan quickly said. She already foresee where this conversation will go.

Qian reached for her hands then held it tightly. “A man wouldn’t kneel like that in front of you if he didn’t love you, darling. He wouldn’t kiss your feet, worshipping you as if you were his god and his salvation for nothing.”

Sehun’s crestfallen and heartbroken expression flashed through her mind. She shook her head. She’s afraid of getting hurt again. She’s afraid of losing herself because if Sehun will leave her again, she might lose herself for good this time. So no, she chooses to save herself from the impending heartbreak that Sehun will give.

Luhan pulled her hands off her mom’s clutch. “If you are going to talk to me to give Sehun another chance, you are just wasting your time, mom. If you can forgive that man for hurting and destroying your life then I beg to differ.”

Luhan saw the hurt flashed on her mom’s expression. She really knew that her mom hasn’t moved on yet from that man and she can’t really fathom why her mom even forgave that man for leaving them.

“Darling, your father and Sehun are two opposite sides of spectrum. Let him explain his side first—“

“I have given him multiple chances to explain to me, mom. But what did he do? He just kept on playing with me. He even manipulated everyone around me. What is his purpose? Because he loves me?” Luhan closed her eyes for a bit to calm her heart from raging emotions. Being pregnant also means that she’s susceptible to overwhelming emotions that might badly affect her baby.

“And who can even determine the depth of his love for me. Even that sorry excuse of a father found another wife and daughter for himself.” Luhan laughs a bit, her tone drips with sarcasm. He even has the nerve to attend Sehun’s birthday party with his daughter and his grandson. Is he even aware that he almost had a grandson with her real daughter? And if he is aware, where is he when Luhan needs him the most?

“What are the odds that Sehun will not do that to me? I have once trusted him not to repeat what that man did to us. But what did he do? He left me for a reason that is still unknown to me. I will not take chances of my son or daughter getting hurt if he will leave us again. I can’t have my child experience what I underwent myself when that man left us.” Luhan continued in stiff voice.

“Darling—“