Chapter 19

Luhan tried to calm herself. It won’t do any good if she let herself controlled by her anger especially that she’s carrying another human soul in her body. But heck, it really infuriates her that Sehun controlled all of them, as if they were just mere chess pieces. How could he organize their own wedding? Is he planning to force Luhan to marry him just for her child? No! She won't allow it!

“No! Are you sure of it, Jackson?”

Jackson’s handsome feature turned into an ugly scowl. “What? You are not aware of it? Sejeong told me she already received the invitation letter. Is he forcing you to marry him because of the baby?”

That is exactly what Luhan thought. She would be lying if she will say that it didn’t stung. She wanted to get married for love, not just because of responsibility and most of all, she doesn’t want to get married through coercion. “What the fuck does he think he is doing?”

Jackson held her hand tightly. “Just give me a call if you need my help.”

Her doe eyes pooled with tears. Even after what she did, Jackson still willingly wanted to help her. “I really did like you, Jackson. I could have loved you…”

Jackson only smiled at her but his eyes remained dull, lack of the usual luster of happiness. “But I am not him. I am not Oh Sehun. Nevertheless, I never regret, not even once that I fell for you. Your happiness is what matters most, Luhan. Choose yourself this time, Lu.”

She knows that he’s already married but she can’t help but to throw herself on his arms. “I will really miss you, Jackson.” She will miss the warmth of his hugs, his love. She let herself get used to him and now that they’re finally letting go of each other, it hurts a lot.

He pushed her off for a bit to wipe another batch of tears streaming down her beautiful face. “Stop crying, please? I can’t really go when you’re like this. And stop being pretty too. You’re making me fall harder to you.”

Luhan slapped Jackson’s chest. He’s teasing her again. “Stop teasing me, Mr. Wang. Just tell me that I’m ugly when I cry.”

Jackson stared at her with unreadable eyes. “This will be the last, Lu. I promise.” He cupped her face then placed a gentle kiss on her eyelids, making her gasp. It was featherlike kiss, too gentle and overflowing of affection. The impact is complete opposite to her because instead of being happy, all she can feel is pain, pain for Jackson. Despite of everything, her happiness is still the one that matters the most for him.

“Your eyes are too precious. This is the first thing that caught my attention, Lu. You are not meant to cry. I hope next time that I see you, you already have a genuine smile plastered on your face.”

Luhan watched Jackson’s car as it went further, out of her residence. Her heart’s still heavy. She doesn’t have safety blanket anymore. Jackson’s gone. She caressed her baby bump. They can go through this. She’s about to go inside when something caught her attention. It was a bugatti and it looks familiar. She squinted her eyes to check it. Why the hell are the guards letting any car to park near their house? She wanted to check it herself but a sudden wave of dizziness washed her. She almost lost her balance. Fortunately, there is a maid guarding behind her.

“Young mistress, we should go inside so you can rest.”

She nodded then stares back at the car she’s watching earlier but the car’s gone…

*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

“I can’t believe that you are all pregnant. Did you two set a meeting? You should have included me.” Baekhyun pouted while pointing at Luhan and Kyungsoo.

“No,” chorused the two.

“This is so unfair. You should have included me so we can have pregnancy shoot.” Baekhyun continued to grumble while gesturing Luhan to open her mouth to feed her chunk of mangoes that she and Chanyeol bought for Luhan.

“Blame yourself and that brute.” Kyungsoo muttered in annoyance.

“Why me? Did I urged Jongin’s dick to go inside you? Did I spread your legs so he can enter you?”

Luhan giggled at Baekhyun’s statement. Baekhyun’s always been vulgar and liberated so she’s used to it. She actually adopted Baekhyun’s behaviour but not Yixing and definitely not Kyungsoo who’s glaring at Baekhyun.