Haruka Nanase X Sad!Reader

A/N - Tis is I!!!
Okay so I've been trying to work on some requested one shots but this came out instead. Originally Haruka Nanase was hard for me to write about considering his mysterious character, but I woke up at 3 in the morning one day and was like-
BOOM MIND F-ING BLOWN I HAVE A HARUKA NANASE ONE SHOT IDEA
Because I love Haru and the rest of the Free! characters and I just love Free! so much - AHEM
I will get all of your requests finished and published as soon as I can I promise!!

-

You were quiet, introverted, and got flustered really easily. But that didn't stop you from getting dragged into the swim team by Gou.
She's nice and very talkative, so that's probably the only reason you were able to slightly open up on the team.
You and Haruka clicked almost immediately. You worked well together, he was silent, straightforward and simply a passionate and peaceful person. You admired him, and may or may not have a crush on him.
Makoto was super nice, simply had a dazzling smile. When Guo went on about muscles you'd start to stare, and then get flustered and get really red and hot. Guo would laugh and Makoto would get worried. You got along with him well too.
Nagisa you think you annoyed a little bit, since he's always talkative and jumping around, sometimes it frightens you or makes you slightly annoyed, even though you try really hard to get along with him. He makes you laugh sometimes.
Rei was nice, he was organized and sometimes you'd go to him for advice. You'd jumble up my words and sometimes Haruka would come and stand by you, glance at you making you blurt out your question, before smirking and walking off.
He was certainly attractive, and you understood him because he was like you, but sometimes he did things that you just couldn't understand.
You smiled thinking about everyone, especially Haru, as you walked towards coach Sasbe's office. Gou wanted you to deliver some papers and stuff while she was busy with the regiment.
You stopped at the door when you heard voices, and was about to knock when you heard your name.
"She new?" Looks like he was with a friend of his.
"Yeah I guess. Gou said she brought her because she likes to swim and she helps out a lot too. She seems to like her, but in my opinion, she's too quiet and is just a distraction for the team during practices."
You stopped, your heart clenched and your chest erupted in pain.
I was just... A distraction?
Just that simple insult was enough to throw you off your feet, and hard. You needed to run away, you needed to be back in your room where you feel safe and it's quiet.
So you quickly set the papers down, and knocked on the door before running back from where you came.

You collapsed in your room when you made it home, and clenched your teeth as you thought over what the coach said.
You were just a distraction.
A burden. And he was right too. All you did was hand out water bottles and towels, sometimes swim with the guys during practice - Gou was always making sure you were okay and Nagisa took a lot of time talking to you, trying to get something out of you...
I even caught Haru staring at me once... Haru! Am I distracting him from his swimming time? He'd hate me if I did that!  You thought frantically, So what do the Iwatobi boys really think of me? Am I really just a distraction?
Tears welled in your eyes, the feeling in your chest was so bad that it started to effect your body. You lurched up from the floor to the bathroom, lifting up the toilet seat you tried to calm your breathing as you waited for the sickening feeling to either over come you or go away.
When you finally calmed down, your body was sweating and weak, and so you sat back slowly, and burst out sobbing.
You were quiet, introverted, and got flustered easily. You loved to swim, because the water was always so calm. It always made you feel at peace.
But you were really just a distraction. Why did Gou invite me to the swim team anyways? Is it because she wanted a new friend? Because she thought I looked lonely and saw me watching the Olympic swimmers on me phone? You asked yourself.
Haruka and you never really talked that much, but it never seemed awkward to you. You always thought he just liked to sit in peace, just like you, not needing words because just having each other near was enough.
But maybe that was all just one sided. Maybe all Makoto's smiles were fake, because he's to nice and he thought I looked lonely.
Maybe Nagisa hates me because I don't have a lot to say like he does.
Maybe Rei thinks I'm annoying because I stutter whenever I go to ask him something.
And maybe Haruka really hates me - because I distract him from the water.
"Make it stop... Someone please... Help me..." You mumbled, falling back onto the bathroom floor, for once you realized, that you did not want to just be alone in peace.
You needed someone, you needed a friend.
And not a fake one.

You eventually got up and got some bread, nibbling on it you went back to your room, changed into some sweats and laid down in your bed.
You were thankful that it was Friday so you had two days to pull yourself together - but you had left swim practice to deliver those papers, and you never went back.
You slowly reached out and grabbed your phone from your night stand and turned it on, seeing that you had a message you played it out loud.

"Y/N where are you?" Gou began,
"Yeah we're really worried, it's been a while since you left! Call us back if something happened!" Nagisa yelled, the worry in his voice caused more tears to well in your eyes.
"Y/N, the water misses you." Haruka stated bluntly, making a small smile edge it's way onto your face.
"Please call us back Y/N!" Makoto said.
"Practice is almost over, so we'll come looking for you if you don't!" Rei said.
"Rei your going to creep her out!"
"I am not! It's tr-"
The message cut off and your eyes widened.
No. Keep going...
You curled in slightly, ducking your head and clutching the phone in your hands. You didn't know if you had the strength to call them back and tell them you were okay and just felt sick without breaking down.
They cared, so maybe you weren't a burden...
But still, you can't shake this feeling.
So maybe I'll wait for them to come looking? Or I'll just text Gou... You contemplated.
Suddenly, the door opened and Gou's voice called out to you. You quickly checked the time, seeing there was still a half hour of practice left.
Why did she leave?!
"Y/N-chan!!!!!" Nagisa followed.
Why did they leave?! I'm definitely distracting them from their practice, if their giving up their time for me. Idiots!
You sat up, hearing footsteps coming toward your room. It was bound to be Gou, but you were shocked to see Haruka.
Haruka of all people, left the pool for you.
"What are you doing here?" You asked, anger in your voice you looked away from him staring blankly at you.
"We came to look for you, we-"
"Don't take time off of your practices for me!" You yelled, clenching your teeth you looked down at the sheets covering your legs.
"But Y/N, your our friend. Your part of the swim team, besides, it was almost over..."
"But what about the pool Haru? You always stay in later!"
"Gou and the others were really worried, so was I."
"You don't get it!" You groaned, "I'm becoming a distraction to you..."
"What? Who said that?!" You looked up to his blue eyes, and though he looked composed you could see slight anger in them.
"I just got a little sick Haru. It's no big deal." You quickly began, trying to change the subject.
"Your not a distraction." Haru began, and you caught a shadow of Nagisa outside in the hallway, "Your our friend."
You stared at him, lost for words like you usually are, staring into his beautiful eyes. He was serious.
"And I... I want to swim with you."
Your eyes widened and tears welled yet again, your fists loosening and your shoulders slumping.
Haruka wants to swim with me.
"I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to... To ditch you..." You sniffed, whipping your eyes.
Haruka seemed to not know what to  do, but he edged forward and sat beside you on the bed. You looked at him from the corner of your eyes, seeing him looking back at you slightly.
You didn't need any words, just each other.
You slowly leaned on his back and held his sweater with your fingers, closing your eyes slowly, you murmured an almost inaudible, "I want to swim with you too."
But you knew Haru heard.

Extended Ending

"Awwww~"
"Nagisa! It was going so well!"
"Wha!? I'm sorry!"
"This isn't beautiful at all!"
"Alright guys why don't we just leave them alone?"