12# Disturbing Nightmares

:D When it's like this, she's in her nightmare!

Comment Vote Fan <3

Kiss Me Deadly

Chapter Twelve – Disturbing Nightmares

December 8th 2011

When we got to school the next day we had calmed down a lot and no longer felt the need to jump into public fountains, well I had, I wasn’t so sure about Casey. Unfortunately she had to go home straight after we had finished shopping because her mom was taking her to see her crazy cousins.

The dance was tomorrow and the school was abuzz with excitement, I had to admit that it was extremely catchy and I found myself getting even more anxious as the days went by. Me and Casey had everything planned out, she would stay at my house the night before and we would before go to bed early, we didn’t want any bags under are eyes for the dance, we had appointments for are hair and make-up at five o’clock and when we had our dresses on we would get a taxi to the school.

I would have taken my car but I knew that there was a strong possibility that someone would spike the punch and get everyone drunk, I wasn’t complaining but I didn’t want to drink and drive. I think our parents figured that out when we gave some bogus excuse about being too tired to drive home after the party when they had asked us why we weren’t taking my car.

Unfortunately I didn’t have a date to the dance thanks to Summer, she had warned all the boys that she had under her control (The better half of the male population at our school) not to ask me out unless they wanted to keep their dangling grapes intact. A few other people who Summer didn’t control had asked me but they weren’t my...type, meaning they either had way to many spots or really bad B.O.

Maybe that was shallow of me to say no but I don’t want to be holding my nose while we slow danced under the disco light. Casey was going with Cody and Nick was taking no one considering there were no other gay guys at our school (We decided to team up in case everyone got split up into couples).

Last weekend I had spent the days locked up in my room finishing my drawing and it had turned out a little different to what I had imagined but I still thought it looked pretty awesome, and for the photography assignment I had taken a photo of an old couple staring deeply into each other eyes. I had to write an essay with that about how I thought this picture represented love but that wasn’t too hard.

When I had handed them in the teacher had said well done so I wasn’t too worried about not getting a good grade in them classes, most of the other classes that I had were going good as well. Apart from the whole, I’ve missed loads of work and hardly understand what everyone’s talking about.... I’m always like ‘Who’s Shakespeare?’

Right now I was having diner out with my family, Casey and Linda at a restaurant downtown.

“So that’s a lasagne with a side of chips for you?” The waiter asked me.

I nodded and then went back to chatting with Casey, “Can you believe that the dance is nearly here? I’m so excited for it.”

“I know, I can’t wait to dance all night...well not all night because it finishes at one,” Casey agreed jumping up and down in her seat at the thought of being able till dance the night away.

“Yeah, I just wish that someone decent had actually asked me,” I sighed.

“I know you do but be grateful that you have awesome friends to go with,” she said swinging her arm around my shoulder and grinning cheekily at me.

“I am.” I smiled back at her, thoughts of going dateless disappearing out of my head.

We sat in silent for a while watching are parents talk about meeting up next Thursday for brunch and listening in to the table next to us which held a young couple who couldn’t stop arguing.