1# Home Sweet Home

Kiss Me Deadly

Chapter One- Home Sweet Home 

November 23rd 2010 

It's been over a year since I had stepped on this porch, that I had looked at the garden filled with all different kinds of flowers or the old tree that was so big you could just see it over the back of the house. I had run away from my revenge, from him, from my home, from my family, from my ‘treatment’. 

It true what they say...One phone call can change everything. The doctors gave me two years to live, two years to fit in the rest of my life. Looking back on everything that I was so mad about now seems so insignificant. 

At that moment I forgot all about Brady, I let go of all my anger towards him, I forgot about my family, my grieving mum, my dad whose eyes had lost their spark, my best friend, my annoying brother, my baby sister. I didn't care about anyone, I knew that this disease could be serious but I never thought that it would ever be this life threatening, I never truly thought I would die from it. 

I was scared, so, so scared that I ran, I ran away from them, I knew that I had to complete what I want to do in life but it finally hit me on the road that I was going to die, so I pulled over and did what my family had been doing from the start, I cried. 

When I got back on the road I decided to go to New York, you could find cheap apartments there. I drew out all my money from my bank that me and my parents had been saving up for collage (I wouldn’t be needing that anymore), and drove all the way there, stopping at motels on the way. When I arrived I found a crappy apartment and a job in a diner but the apartment didn’t have parking so I had to put my car into storage, which I really hated considering I loved that car. I didn’t really need the job but I wanted to save up as much money as I could, who knew how long would be staying there. 

It was good there, no one knew me, and no one asked me why a 16, now 17 year old, girl was all on her own in New York or why she needed a job. I couldn't care less about my virginity now when I think about it, that was the least of my problems. 

So out there on my own I had no contact with my family (apart from the e-mails), they would move on eventually it was better for them to lose their daughter now than prolong it to the future. I built up my life for about 3 months and I saved up a lot of money. 

I already had 210 thousand from my college savings and about 4,800 from working at the dinner. My rent was only 50 bucks a week, like I said it was a really small apartment but I made it look homey. So once I had around about 214,000 I started travelling the world with nothing but what I could fit in to my backpack, of course I kept the apartment for the occasional time I stopped back but I never stayed anywhere for too long, I had a limited amount of time. 

I didn’t just decide out of nowhere to start travelling, I thought about it for quite some time. I had to find peace; I had to do what I was meant to do in life. I didn’t know what it was but it was something important, I could feel it in my bones. 

So I just went wherever I felt I need to go, amazing places like the Grand Canyon (It really is huge), Niagara Falls is just the loudest place ever and the Great Wall of China, longest wall I have ever seen. The places where just some of the things that I had never experienced before considering I thought I had a life time to complete them. 

At each destination I learned something different, something that could be used in life. It truly was a liberating experience. 

The Statue of Liberty was easy considering I lived in New York, The White House, I was a bit bummed that I didn’t see the president but then again, whoever does? London was amazing it was great to see how English people live so much more differently to Americans, not just the accents but the way they go about their day. The pyramids where not my best idea seen as they were just a bunch of crumbling bricks that we weren’t allowed to touch but I followed my instincts and they led me there.