10# What happened?

Kiss Me Deadly

Chapter Ten – What happened? 

I groaned as I woke up laying on something hard and wet, my head was pounding and I could hardly move. Slowly I opened my eyes to see that I was on the floor of the locker room showers, covered by my towel. As I sat up, the memory of what had happened rushed back to me and I jumped, looking around to see if anyone was there but saw no one. I listened carefully for a few seconds trying to determine whether anyone was actually still here, but when I heard nothing I relaxed a bit. 

I raised my hand carefully to the back of my head, feeling a thick liquid I pulled my hand back down and saw blood pooled around my hand.  

“Urgh,” I groaned as I looked on the floor, where I had fallen. 

There was a small pool of blood on the floor, disappearing down the drain; obviously it was from the cut in my head. I tried to stand up and get out of the showers but I fell back down, feeling extremely weak. Finally after a couple of minutes of struggling I stood up, holding on the shower rails, fearing that if I let go I would fall down again. Once I had gotten my balance, I took a couple of steps away from the rail, still holding my head. 

When I realised that I could move without falling over I ran out of the shower and to my locker, who ever had hit me had obviously left. I looked at the clock and noticed that I had only been out for a minute, that explains why Adrian hadn’t come looking for me. 

I looked around again making sure that I was alone, god why did they have to hit my head, it really hurts. Wanting to get out of there fast, I dried myself then got dressed quickly and grabbed all of my stuff, I left my hair in a mess, not caring about the blood that had dried in to it. 

Once I as far away from the gym as I could get, I slid down to the floor bring my knees up to my chest and resting my head on them. I didn’t understand what had happened fully, was it Summer trying to get back at me or something else. The face I saw didn’t look human but that wasn’t possible... was it? Then again it could have been one of her lackeys dressed in a mask, but why would they hiss and bang. 

A couple of tears fell down my face at the thought of something else doing this to me for no reason at all. I hadn’t upset anyone that bad, I don’t think at least, I mean sure what had happened with Summer was bad but she wouldn’t get someone to knock me out. Or maybe she would I don’t really know her. 

I sat like that for a few minutes until I realised that Adrian would be wondering what was taking me so long. I stood up and looked down at myself, in my rush I had put my shirt on inside out, I would have to fix that once I got home. I got a bobble of my wrist and tried to tie up my wet and knotty hair, but it was useless, my head was still throbbing. 

Walking through the corridor I wiped my face making sure that no one could tell I had been crying. I got to the front entrance but I couldn’t see Adrian anywhere, I walked around the corner and noticed him sat on a bench. 

Mustering up a smile I shouted, “Come on lazy pants, I wanna get home.” 

He jerked his head around when I spoke, “Hey you’re not the one who’s been sitting out here waiting for you for ten minutes.” 

“Got lost,” I said shrugging, trying not to flinch at my lie. 

He shook his head at me. “Come on then.” 

I guided him to my baby quickly, then opened the door and shoved my bag in the backseat trying to be careful with the camera. Even after that ordeal it was still my baby. 

“Nice car,” he said when he sat in the passenger seat. 

“I know, it’s the same one from ‘Supernatural’ I love that show,” I told him patting the steering wheel.