11# Fountain Fun!

Kiss Me Deadly

Chapter Eleven – Fountain Fun!

It has been two weeks since I was attacked in the shower and I had managed to forget about it for most of the part. It helped when Adrian told me he had caught the person who had done it and given them a very stern “talking” to. Apparently they had confessed to hitting me because they wanted to frighten me, teach me where I belonged in this school, and that was – to them at least - in the drain.

Adrian hadn’t gone to the police since I begged him not to but he did ruin the boy’s life, he threw him out of school, made sure no one else would ever take him in and called his parents. I’m also pretty sure he was the one who jumped him in the ally, beat him half to death and placed him in the hospital.

I felt safer once he told me about this but he still wouldn’t tell me the name of the boy. He did explain the reason why his face looked so deformed and that was because he was wearing a mask from the horror section in a costume store. My parent’s still didn’t know but I had broken the news to Casey a day after it had happened, she was upset at first but calmed down after they found the culprit.

The wound on my head had healed within a couple of days, but I still had a little red line where it used to be. I often wondered what this would do to my condition, if it would take any time away from me.

Any thoughts about that though disappeared Friday night when Adrian came over for dinner. My parents absolutely loved him, just the way he could be a stern adult who could run a school and a funny young man at the same time. Casey, even though she swore she loved Cody to bits, had gotten a little crush on him and it grew stronger every time she learnt something new about him.

He somehow made everyone around him happy, when he entered the room there moods brightened. I loved the fact that my parents liked him, and even though they never got how he could be such good friends with a teenage girl, they never judged him.

After that things were pretty normal, Summer still hated me with a passion, Casey was as excited as ever, Rhys was still as irritating as can be and school was still boring as hell.

Even though most of the classes I took where dull the whole school was buzzing about the Winter Masquerade. It was the event of the season and was being held in a fancy hotel downtown. Me and Casey couldn’t wait, the whole dress shopping, having your hair done and getting ready in general was just as fun as the actual event.

Right now we were in the mall looking for dresses for the both of us; she suggested wearing the one I had bought her but I told her that, that dress is more like something you would were to a fancy restaurant than a high school dance.

“How about we check out Daniels’s, they always have something good in,” Casey suggested as we made our way through the crowded pathways of Greenfield’s small shopping centre.

“Sure,” I agreed.

So we made our way through the mall until we came across the small vintage boutique named Daniel’s. I had been in here a couple of times before for some of my summer dresses, but not for anything fancy. I guess now that it was winter they had ordered in some new stuff, considering that lots of school have dances this time of year.

The bell chimed as we walked through the door and a voice greeted us, “Welcome to Daniel’s.”

I looked over to the counter to see an old woman, with a few wrinkles here and there, perched on the edge of her seat. I gave her a small smile then walked over to the wrack of dresses that was closest to me.

I browsed for a while, picking out a few dresses then putting them back, none of them where right, they just weren’t... me. I know that I want it to be lilac, purple, black or white but so far I haven’t found one that didn’t look tacky. We had looked in another dress shop and I tried one on but it made me feel as if I was wearing nothing, it had clung to my skin and revealed a bit too much for my liking. I preferred my dresses to be free flowing.