6# Principle Park

Kiss Me Deadly

Chapter six- Principle Park 

Six months ago I met Adrian Park, I was walking down a quaint little Paris Street admiring the couples that were out for a midnight stroll, the fairy lights that seemed to be hung out side every single building and the Eiffel Tower that gleamed in the distance. 

I had my camera up against my face looking through the lens trying to find the perfect angle to capture the building in front of me when they approached. Two men, who both looked as though they had been living on the streets for some time stood in front of me. I wasn’t scared, at first I thought that they would just beg for some money but when one of them pulled out a knife and started too shouted at me, I panicked. 

“De l'argent, des bijoux, quelque chose de précieux, donnez-les moi maintenant ou on va vous tuer. MAINTENANT.” I didn’t understand a word of what he was saying but I was guessing it was something like, give me your money or die. 

The bad guys always say something like that don’t they? 

I was slowly trying to back away while muttering at them, “Me no speak French, so please, please mug the next person.” Hoping that they wouldn’t take all my stuff, it was everything I had. 

I hadn’t checked in to a hostel yet so I had all my cash on me, which if you think about was a really bad idea. I hold the strap of my backpack tighter, hoping that they wouldn’t be able to rip it away from me. As they started to advance towards me I turned around ready to run for my life when I bumped in to something big. 

Oh god no, not another one of them. 

I look up in to the face of a man... he didn’t look like he lived on the streets or smell like it in fact, so acting fast I dashed behind his big frame. 

“Help,” I whispered quickly looking over his shoulder at the thugs. 

“I suggest that you move along now, gentlemen,” he told the offenders in his deep husky voice. 

The leader who spoke to me before took a threatening step forward and shouted, “Déplacez-vous monsieur, nous sommes occupés ici.” 

I took a step back suddenly wishing I hadn’t arrived in Paris at night, I’d never been here before and these cities could be dangerous, as I was finding out. 

The strange man who had come to my rescue stepped back and quietly whispered to me, “Run when I say.” 

Oh. 

Well that was my plan in the first place so I guess it could work. 

I look around us trying to find the nearest populated place but all I could see now was empty streets. Where had the couples from before gone? 

Before I could answer my own question the man had grabbed my hand and shouted, “GO!” 

Being dragged down a cold, dark and creepy street by a stranger who was obviously not French, and who could possibly be even worse than the other thugs was not how I expected to be spending my first night in Paris. We ran- well he ran and dragged me along with him-until there were signs of people who looked as if they had showered in the last day. As soon as he let go of me I bent forward resting my hands on my knees tried to catch my breath. 

“Are you all right?” Startled by his question I stumbled back a few steps. 

I looked up to find him staring at me concerned. “Yeah, I’ll be fine....Thanks, for you know, helping me out back there.” 

Now that I had a good chance to look at him, I was surprised by his good looks. Short dark brown hair, tan skin, pale pink lips and a bit of a 5o’clock shadow. That was only his face, his body well I could tell as soon as I bumped into he was well built. It was his eyes that stopped me from running away from him; they were a light blue, so light in fact that they could have been silver. There was something in them though that told me I could trust him, that he was a good man.