3# CLANCK

• Dedicated to My Dog <3 Patch

Kiss Me Deadly

Chapter Three- CLANCK

I was in the land between worlds were I was half asleep and half awake, it's that moment in the day were life seems utterly perfect even if it's just a few seconds. You can imagine a world that's perfect, no wars, no illnesses, no violence, no abuse, no bad people and no death. 

It lasted for only a few moments but it was amazing, it was truly peaceful. 

My eyes fluttered open and took in my surroundings, home, I was home and it felt so good. It was good to wake up in my own bed and not some tatted mattress in a hostel. I lifted the covers of me and was careful not to wake a sleeping Casey next to me as I tip toed out of the room. I could smell breakfast being cooked down stairs and hear the banging of pots and pans, even though it was clear they were trying to be as quiet as they could. 

I walked down the stairs missing all the squeaky steps, I just hated the sound when you step on them and peeked into the kitchen to see my mother looking through the cook book (Glad to see it's gone to good use) trying to make what looks like breakfast cookies, cakes and croissants. 

"Need any help Mum?" I asked stepping in to the room startling her slightly. 

"Oh honey I hope I didn't wake you," she said wiping her hands on a hand towel. 

"No you didn't, I normally don't sleep for long anyway and I heard someone in the kitchen so I came to see if you needed any help," I told her keeping my voice down so I didn't wake anyone else in the house hold, though I doubt there will be any chance of that considering they slept through mum's banging. 

"I would love some." She smiled but it was still a bit tight around the edges. 

I walked over to the counter and looked over the book, buttery croissants, seemed simple enough. We picked out all the ingredients and started to mix them together the conversation flowing easily after a couple of minutes. 

We made cookies, croissants and breakfast cakes because for some reason in Italy they eat extremely sweet things in the morning. They came out looking alright, in fact they looked almost as good as the ones in the book but as I took a bite out of it, I swear I nearly fainted from food poisoning right there. 

It may have looked good but it tasted like rotting pig's vomit, kind of like those soaps shaped as cupcakes that look good but well taste like soap. 

I spat it back out on to the plate sheepishly looking up at my mum's disapproving gaze. 

"You try it, it honestly tastes terrible," I said handing her one of the cakes watching her face as she took a bite out of it. 

Bingo. She had a look of utter distaste on her face as she tried to force it down her throat but failing miserably. When she couldn't swallow it she spat it out of her mouth only she didn't make it fall on to the plate like I did, no she spat it directly at my face getting me covered in her spit/gooey cake. 

I just stood there trying not to think of the substance on my face and how it was burning my eyes. Instead I glared at the woman who I call my mother who, right at this moment had her hand covering up her mouth trying to stop the giggles from coming out. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to Honey," she said stumbling over her words the occasional laugh slipping out. 

I just ignored her walking towards the sink and rinsing my face so it was free of that...cake. Once I was all cleaned up I pick up some of the left over mixture and threw it at her face. 

"Oops sorry my hand slipped," I mock apologised. 

Her face-well what you could see from under the mixture- was bright red. "You did not just do that young lady," she scolded, wiping the mixture away with her hands