17# Moment Of Truth

Kiss Me Deadly

Chapter Seventeen – Moment Of Truth

I don’t know how long past but soon someone was pulling me away from Casey, I started to kick and scream pushing them away. They wouldn’t take me away from her, I wouldn’t let them.

“Cameron we’ve got to go.” Someone told me trying to pry me way from Casey’s dead body.

I lifted my head up to see Adrian standing over us, a few strangers stood behind him and I could almost smell the pity coming off of their bodies.

“She can’t be dead,” I cried. “This is your fault, if you’d just let me go after her earlier I could have saved her.”

“I’m sorry Cameron, I’m sorry.” He tried to get me to move again but I just cling to Casey.

She wasn’t meant to die, she was meant to grow old, to grow up and get married; have a full and happy life. It was me who was meant to die, it was only me.

I heard him murmur something to the others and then there were lots of hands grabbing at me, tearing me away from her. I screamed and screamed, kicking and thrashing trying to get back to her. I had to think of something, there had to be a way to save her.

The prophecy from my dream came back to me and one line stood out the most ‘Its vessel shall be in death, and its blood shall be in life’. Sankuru said that I have to look at the prophecy and read it right, my blood will bring life.

Maybe she meant it fugitively but I had to try because if this prophecy was right and it was about me then I could save her. I could give her life again.

I thrashed some more fighting to get back to Casey and to the blade that lay beside her. I knew what I had to do and I was going to make it work. I had to make it work because life without Casey in it wasn’t life at all, it was a fate worse than death.

“Get off me, I can save her. Please.” I looked to the person holding my arms back and glared.

“Let me go.” The growl that came out of my mouth shocked even me but it worked, the girl holding my arms let go and I scrambled that last few feet towards Casey.

“Stop, Cameron please let her go she’s gone.” I ignored Adrian’s pleas and picked up the knife.

“I can’t live without her,” I looked up at him. “There is nothing without her.”

Looking at it closely it resembled the one that Casey had in my dream, but I couldn’t think to long about that.  I wouldn’t let the nightmare come true, even if it killed me.

“What is she doing?” Someone asked but they couldn’t stop me.

I heard Adrian shouting ,“No Cameron don’t.”

Before they could stop me I sliced my hand open wincing at the white hot pain and then shoved my hand in to a fist, I opened her mouth, poured the blood in and prayed that this would work.

It was crazy, stupid and completely insane but it was going to work. I could feel it in my bones, if I had the power to save the world as everyone thought I did then I could save Casey to.

A few minutes past and nobody dared move, speak or even breathe. She hadn’t moved yet and my eyes couldn’t help but travel towards her face, where the long gash was. It hadn’t gotten her eye like in my dream but it did travel from the top right hand side across her nose and stopped in the middle of her left cheek.

It looked painful, if I thought that the cut on my hand hurt I would hate to imagine what it would have felt like for Casey. Just thinking about it brought more tears to my eyes, I still hadn’t stopped crying and the world around me was blurred.