5# Chance meeting?

Kiss Me Deadly

Chapter Five - Chance meeting? 

“Why are you late Casey?” the teacher asked as soon as we stepped through the door. 

“I was showing Cameron,” she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the room, “around, she’s not been in school for the last year.” 

I looked around the room, at the people sitting at the desks to see most of them, either glaring at me or completely ignoring me. What a bunch of friendly people. 

I glanced at the teacher –who I recognised as my old English teacher- and she had a strange look on her face. “We don’t have any new students coming in today Casey.” 

Oh duh, she thought I was new. 

I stepped forwards trying to ignore the entire class. “I’m not new. I’ve just not been in school. My names Cameron Mercer, I should still be in the school system.” 

Her face paled a little as she laid her hand on the edge of her desk. “Cameron Mercer?” 

I nodded my head. “Yep, that’s me.”                                   

She stayed like that for a couple of seconds before shuffling through her papers on her desk quickly. “Right, right yes Miss. Mercer, I have your work here.” 

She handed me the work with shaky hands, damn what was wrong with her? 

“Are you alright Miss?” I asked her getting my papers in check. 

She put a little smile on her face. “Yes, yes sure, the school just didn’t inform me that you were coming back.” 

Oh. 

I force a little laugh as Miss. Yam back away a couple of steps. “Okay.” 

Crazy teacher, I wonder if she’s on any meds. 

I took a seat near the back and Casey with next to me, there were quite a few spare seats left which was surprising since most of the classes were supposed to be full. 

“Yeah, I know she’s a little nuts,” Casey whispered at me trying to lessen my discomfort. 

I mumbled an agreement looking through the papers Miss. Yam had given me, an essay on the civil war, a book assignment, and some other random projects. Damn I have a lot to do, I wonder if I can get Rhys to help me. 

As soon as I thought that the door opens and in entered the people those free seats belong to, the Seasons. Their eyes zoomed in on my and they glare at me, not even bothering to excuse themselves for being late.

I’m never going to survive this school with them.

“You're late girls,” Miss. Yam stated, as if this was a normal thing for them to do. 

“We know,” Summer said, staring ice daggers at me with her slightly puffy eyes. 

Miss Yam sighed and sat down. “Just take your seats.” 

They all took their places, placing their extremely small purses on the back of the chairs, not even bothering to pretend to take out a notebook out. 

“Right class today we will be-,” I zoned out then not bothering with the rest of her sentence, it’s not like I needed an education anyway, I only came here because no one would be home in the day time. 

For the next half hour I doodled in my notebook, trying to ignore the glares I was still getting from Summer and her crew. So what I broke her and my brother up, it’s not like she can’t find some other guy, turn him into the hottest guy in school and make him her boyfriend.