22# No. Yes. No. Yes. NO

Kiss Me Deadly

Chapter 22- No. Yes. No. Yes. NO

I knocked loudly on the door to the museum hoping that someone would hurry up and answer. I started to pace back and forth and a few seconds later the sound of locks turning reached my ears and I was standing on my tip toes in anticipation.

The door swung inward and a very grumpy Heath pocked his head out, it took him a couple of seconds to register who I was. "Oh, hey Cameron."

"Yeah hey Heath, is Sam in?" I didn't wait for an answer as I pushed past him and in to the mild warmth of the old museum.

He stumbled back still groggy with sleep. "Yeah, he's in his study."

"Where's that?" I was practically bouncing on the balls of my feet, to riled up to stay still.

He yawned and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. "Up the stairs, turn right and follow that corridor, then turn left and it's the second door on the right."

"Right..." because I'm totally going to remember all of that, "see ya Heath."

I walked up the stairs and tried to remember which way he said, I think it was right. After a few minutes of hit and miss I finally found Sam's office, considering it had his name printed on it was pretty obvious that I had gone the right way.

"Knock knock, can I come in?" I called out my hand already on the door handle.

"Enter," Sam said.

I pushed open the large door and walked in to the large room. "Hey Sam."

"Hello Cameron what brings you here this early?" Sam was wearing glasses and he took them off as I sat down on a seat in front of his desk.

Deciding to just cut to the case I told him. "I needed to talk to you about Sebastian Gale."

"What about my brother?" He asked, I could sense suspicion dancing around the edges of his mind.

"Is he like you, an alien?" Straight to the point there Cammie, why don't you just go ahead and ask him about all the people he's ever had sex with at the same time.

He nodded. "Yes, in some sense."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We had different mothers, both of my parents were from our planet but his mother was from Earth. He was raised here. We only met a couple of years ago."

Wow, maybe that was why he doesn't seem to trust Sam, and why he doesn't agree with some of the things they do.

"Is he a part of the prophecy? Is he the second person?"

He frowned and leant back in his chair. "I thought you might come to that conclusion. Yes, he's the second person, but we still need to find the last person. We have a feeling that Reverend Ken may have gotten to him."

"You know it's a him?"

He nodded. "We've suspected."

Right.

"So about Sebastian, do you know where he lives? I need to talk to him about something?"

I was still a bit freaked out but I had promised Casey and I was sure that Sam knew where Sebastian lived.

"I wasn't aware that you two new each other that well. You only met the other day."

"No," I shook my head, "we met on the night of the mascaraed. He was working."

His eyes bulged out. "What?"

Oops, maybe I wasn't meant to mention that fact.

"Nothing," I squeaked.