Best Part Of Me

"There's absolutely three things you've been doing wrong this whole time." Dave said sitting on the back deck with me. "One, you've become so selfish man. And even I know that's not you, all this money ain't worth shit unless you got somebody to spend it with." He said before putting up his second finger. "Two, you let everyone tell you what the fuck to do with your relationship." He said while flipping the bird.

"Three, you haven't even sat down and talked to your wife like a real man should. Because shit, if you can't communicate with your wife than who else is there?" He said sitting up.

"The day Nicholas O'brian accepts the fact that he's a foster kid who came from nothing like these other kids mentally and physically, is the day you truly accept yourself bro." Dave got up and walked over to the cooler.

"I've tried talking to her but she's stubborn and just won't listen." I countered. "Ahh, but you both are." Dave corrected me. "Honestly, if I had a wife and kid I wouldn't be sitting out here listening to my bestfriend tell me life wisdom, instead I'd be tucking my baby in and kissing my wife goodnight." He said with a distant look.

"If she loves you and you love her than y'all can make it through this definitely." He said bobbing his head to the music. "I'm like the love guru or some shit." He said while laughing. "Just give her what she wants, time and space but let her know that you'll be there when she's done." Dave said looking over to me.

I nodded my head looked down to my phone. Natalia and Amelia are still my wallpaper and I'm not going to change it for anything. "Can we talk tomorrow?" I texted her. She didn't reply until 15 minutes later. "About what?" She asked. "Important stuff that involves our daughter and us." I responded. She texted back a whatever and I smiled uneasily.

I'm about to give up the best part of me and I can't do anything about it.