Its A ...

"Look, get that camera out of my face Nicholas." I said. Nicholas is stuck on this phase where he has to record every second of our lives for the baby. "Isn't your mommy beautiful? I mean yeah she's alright but your dad is pretty handsome." He said turning the camera towards himself.

"If your dad doesn't get out of my face I'm going to shov--" I yelled. "That's mommy's way of saying I love you." He said reaching over to hug me. "No, no..you've been outside with Dylan you need to go clean up.. You smell so bad." I said pinching my nose.

"Come on baby, we can tell when we're not wanted." He said while rubbing the camera. "You are such a kid." I said laughing at him.

Things have been good lately and I'm very grateful for that. "Today's agenda?" I asked. "Baby ultrasound at 1 o'clock , going to the house to see what needs fixing at 4 o'clock and Melanie's going to teach me how to swaddle at 6." He said scratching his nose.

Currently, Nicholas and I have been preparing for the baby's arrival. His parents left him a really nice house and he's trying to move us into it. "We should name him Matthew." He said smiling goofily. Matthew is Nicholas's middle name, I can understand why he would say that. "Uhmm excuse me? We should name HER Olivia." I said corrected his words.

"I don't see what makes you so sure that HE'S going to be a SHE?" He said while sitting on my lap like the man child he is. He rested his head on my chest. "Mothers intuition." I said running my fingers through his light brown hair.

Times like this remind me of what we used to be before all of this. Just genuine best friends, and now we're parents. "Diaper changes for the first month says SHE'S a HE." Nicholas said while laughing. "Deals on." I said. "Now go take a shower so we don't miss this appointment." I said while pushing him off the bed.

"I promise Natalia, I'm gonna be the best dad ever." He said before kissing me on the forehead and running out the room. I got off the bed and pulled a hoodie on, I can actually still fit my clothes so I'm generally happy about that.

About 30 minutes later Nicky was dressed and ready to go. "Are you hungry?" He asked while helping me into the truck. "I'm always hungry." I joked. "We can get something to eat after the appointment." He said buckling me in. He's been on this safety fix also, where he has to make sure we're completely safe.

He soon got in and we drove to the hospital. once we got there we filled out some more paperwork, well more like I did while he recorded everything. And then finally the moment of truth came after much anticipation.

"There's the head and here's the feet and your babies umbilical cord." the lady pointed out. Nicholas's grip tightened on my hand as we heard the baby's heartbeat again. "If you look right here you can see that you're having a....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think the baby's gender is?

You guys don't understand how much I appreciate your undying support. The comments I received on the previous chapter or the one before that one I think made me very happy to see how engaged you are in this story.