Chapter 24: Surface Tension

Hey!
The next chapter to thid story is really kind of brutal!!
So be ready to cry. I cried just writing it. Poor Abby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abby's POV

"I know I'm planning this thing but its still your party." I sighed and rubbed my forhead.

"I know I know. I just don't know what there is to plan. The last party I had was a princess sleepover and I was ten. Ever since then I just sorta got gifts and went on with my life." She smiled and said.

"I know. I was sleeping beauty and you were-"

"Snow white." I lyed down on the couch so that my feet were on her.

"Have you seen Abe lately?"

"No. He's been busy." She scoffed and I sat up.

"What?" She half smiled and answered.

"Nothing." I looked at her for a minute before saying.

"Okay." Greg walked in the living room and I started flicking through the tv.

"What are you two doing?" Aly smiled and said.

"Were waiting on you to come and whoo us with your charm." I don't why but for some reason they like to push eachother's buttons and I just sit there and watch. I smiled and he sat where I was laying.

"Greg! I was laying there!" He shrugged and I got up and went to the kitchen.

I pulled out a bottle of water and took a sip.

"Man I hate Tuesdays."

"Me too." I turned around wide eyed and smiled.

"Oh. Ava you scared me." I turned back to the counter and noticed she had on her clothes from yesterday.  I looked at her confused.

"Where have... You been?"

"I was with my boyfriend." I raised a brow and looked her flat in the eyes.

"Having a little summer fling are we?" Her smile faded.

"It isn't a fling. He loves me and I love him. Why am I even telling you this?" I shrugged and went back to the living room. Before I opened the door I heard Aly and Greg talking. I know its wrong to eavesdrop but what could they possibly have to talk about?

"Okay. You have to tell her. This has been going on for too long I can't take it anymore."

"Look. I know its killing you. But you don't think its killing me too? Greg?" I heard a long pause and then Aly started talking again.

"Look-" Before I could hear what she was gonna say, Ava came up behind me.

"What are you doing?" I quickly turned around and put my finger to my mouth and whispered.

"Shhh. Do you have to be so loud?"

"That's all I is." I narrowed my eyes at her and Taylor came up to us.

"What are you guys doing?" I threw my hands up and refrained from yelling.

"Are you two gonna let me listen? Gosh! Why don't you go take a bubble bath or something?" I turned back around and Taylor said.

"Who's in there? Why are you eavesdropping?" I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Go away." Ava smiled and said.

"Come on. Tell us who's in there?"

"No!"

"If you don't then I am going to waltz right in there and tell them that you heard everything." I stared at her and then Taylor and pulled them both back in the kitchen.