Chapter 6: Protagonist

Megan's POV

Why? In all the good books. The girl always fawns over the guy? She's the one who wants him. When he leaves, she's the one who crys. When she's in trouble he's the one she cries for. When something bad happens every feels sorry for the guy. I want to be the protagonist. I want someone to feel sorry for me.

I was sitting in class staring out of the window. It was a slightly damp day. It was raining but not that hard. I looked out in the distance. Thinking about how screwed my life is.

Who should I tell? Who would care? Everyone. They'd all care. In a none caring way. They'd treat me like a freak. Nick would leave me. And God knows I don't want that to happen. I don't want to go to the doctor because I already know. I don't need them to validate what I already know. What I don't want to know.

As the bell rung I gathered my stuff and headed to my locker it was the last day of school so everyone was practically running through the hallway.

 I put a big smile on my face to hide everything. People expected me to be this perfect blonde. The flirt, the cheerleader, the one that every guy wanted to date and every girl wanted to be. Hell... That's what I wanted. But now I just feel like my life is falling apart.

I opened my locker and gave it a last goodbye. When Cassie came up to me.

"So you pyched about summer vacation?" No.

"Yeah! Totally! You?"

"Um... Duh! Aren't we all? I mean we have two monthes to find ourselves and lose ourselves! Who wouldn't look forward to that?" Me.

"Cass. You totally just got that out of the sunday paper that I know you read." She looked at me with a blank expression and answered nonchalantly.

"So."

I gave her a look. And she gave me a little smirk.

"Look it's the truth and you know it."

Before I could even answer her, Abigail Jenkins and Alison Smith walked past. Abigail pretended not to notice me staring and Alison did her usual glare. I seriously dislike those girls!

I've never said two words to that Alison one so I have no idea. WHAT SO EVER why she doesn't like me! But hey! It's whatever.

Though I have always wandered why Abigail doesn't like me.

~*~

I was bouncing up and down on my bed staring at my nightstand that held my tiny LG slide phone.

I havn't talked to Nick In four days! I mean who goes that long without talking to their own boyfriend? I tried to talk to him at school but whenever he saw me he pretended not to and walked away. If I was crazy I think he was avoiding me.

I sure wasn't gonna tell anyone ESPECIALLY not Cassie. She had this model relationship with Greg and I was not gonna fill her in on mine. I mean I know she's my friend and all but some things I tend to keep to myself.

Just then my cell went off.

'I'm just a holy fool, baby its so cruel-'

I snatched the phone off the dresser not caring if I sounded desperate or not.

"Hello? Nick?"

"Whoa calm down love monkey it's only me." Great.

"Oh. H-hey."

"Well I was wandering how would you AND Nick like to go with me and Greg to Eros this Saturday?"

"Uh... Sure why not I mean it's not like I have anything planned."

"Okay cool! Just tell Nick okay."

"Wait you didn't tell him?"

"Of course not why would I he's your boyfriend. Ask him yourself."

"W-why can't you or Greg ask him?"

"Um... Like I said before... Your. Boyfriend."

"Okay I will."

"So talk to you later?"

"Yep. Bye."

"Later."

I hung up the phone and sat it back down. Just great! Could my life get anyworse? I cannot believe this is happening! Not only am I losing interest in everything but my own boyfriend is losing interest in me. There is not a more worst feeling in the world. Even if I do feel out of place now.

I layed down on my bed and murmurred to my self.

"Oh boy." 

______________________________________________________________________________

"HELLOOOOO!!!"  SO! What I really wanted to do was show the other side of Megan because everyone in the book thinks she's a meany but she's not.

So what do you think her BIG secret is? Anyone wanna take a guess?