Chapter 38

Last time.....

The note was picked up, and I read it aloud.

"Dear Pacifica Northwest,

We formally would like to announce the recipe of this dish. First off, it's meat. You dip it in a special sauce, the animal's blood, then bread it. Now, since your girlfriend Mabel is over, I've made it specially for her. It's even, her best friend, pathetic Waddles. Didn't he taste lovely? More to come, if you wish.

Love,
Death Himself. "

****

"Okay, who the hell is death himself?" I asked under my breath.

But first of all, I had to throw up.

FOSTER GIRL

Y/n's Perspective.

I swiftly dropped the note and made my way around the doorway. Opening the door to the restroom, I saw Mabel and Pacifica in the open stalls vomiting. Pacifica had her hair tied up in a bun, while Mabel had it in the same style, but slightly messy.

Mabel whipped back her head. I saw her face, her mascara smeared down her cheeks. Her eyes where puffy and red, as she looked over me. "Y/n..." She sniffled as I ran into a stall.

I felt the burning liquid go up my throat and passing my lips. It reached in the toilet and into the water. I kept vomiting for another 15 minutes until I successfully pulled myself away.

Wiping my mouth, I walked back to Mabel, who was being cradled in Pacifica's arms.

"Mabel, will you be okay?" I said softly to her.

"Probably.. I just have to be mature about it. " she said.

This was a milestone for her, she was use to always being silly and immature. It was what she was known for. But she knew she had to face the music and grow up a bit. I'm sure she will still be charismatic and cheery, but more mature to topics as so.

"Pacifica?" I asked.

"I'll be fine." She said kissing Mabel's forehead. "Go check on the others." She mouthed to me.

I nodded and walked back to the dinning room. Stan stood up and walked out once I arrived, and Dipper just had his head hiding in his arms.

"Who would do this?" He spoke quietly, enraged but depressed.

"Apparently," I whispered to him as I slowly sat on a chair next to him. "'Death himself.'"

"Death himself deserves hell." He said clenching his fists and slamming it on the table.

".......I know.." I spoke melancholy as I stroked his soft brown hair.

"You are really mature about this."

"I've never gotten to know the pig... The reason of my grieving is for Mabel's loss." I sighed heavily.

"Oh.." He said as he looked up at me. His eyes where puffy as well, appearing that he also cried. Quickly, he hugged me.

He wrapped his arms around my torso, burying his face in my chest. He wept, as I hugged back on instinct. "Oh..Dipper..." I said sympathetically as I kissed his head.

"We all loved him."

"I know." I sighed.

"Why did he have to go? I wish he didn't.."

"I know.."

"Mabel is taking this harshly.."

"I know."

"Can we go home?"

"We?"

"Right...you don't live with us."

"I'll go just for tonight." I said.

I did indeed miss the Pine's home. It was cozy, but at this frail state, it could be a mad house.

Mabel decided to stay the night here, and I offered for her to stay in my room. She agreed, and I packed a small bag.

Just normal stuff, charger, phone, hair brush, you know, the necessities.

We piled into the car and sat in the back seats. Stan sped to the house, and quickly parked the car. Silently, we walked inside. Stan departed and left onto his room.

I decided to stay in Dipper's room, because he seemed harshly hurt and I couldn't really comfort Stan, he was Stan. Thick skin Stan.

Dipper sighed as he crawled into his bed, myself following after. I pulled him into my arms, and cuddled him to sleep.

I felt his soft breath on me, his slow breathing rocking me to sleep. His warmth comforted me, and the fact he still was breathing at all and being okay, was great.

I loved him.

I needed to protect them all.

I'm not letting anyone else slip through my fingers like sand.