Chapter 18

I wish I wouldn't have left.

I should have refused to go.

Naomi would have stayed with me.

I wouldn't have to live with a nightmare.

It would all end now though.

Maybe I should give up.

But I remembered.

February, 2010.

We where driving in our car, my step mother, father, and I.

My mother had left us and lived with her other family, that happened when I was around 2. She wasn't my family, she didn't love me. Or at least, that's how I saw it in the eyes of a ten year old. Depressing isn't it?

Heading to the lake which we did every February. We sang popular pop songs which played on the radio. My step mom was nice, don't get me wrong.

I stared out the window.

There was snow covered trees, and small animals running around. Children where playing, and I yearned for that freedom from a boring car. I looked up to see rail roads, and I smiled. It told my head that we where almost there.

But I would never spend that time with them.

That was the day they died.

We crossed the rail road, but our car broke down in the middle. My dad struggled to hit gas. All of a sudden, a tree fell.

It crashed through the front seats and fell on my parents. The wind shield was shattered, the glass dusted on them. It barley touched me, for I had my hand veiled over my face.

"S-sweetie.." My father said. "Please...get out sweetheart. Save yourself."

"Baby, run. Run to the nearest house." My step mom said. "Tell them where we are, but if we don't make it, we love you. We will be with you always," she said. "P-please. Take my necklace." She said glancing at the one around her neck.

It was a silver heart one, and I took it off of her, shaking. I put it around my neck, and opened the door.

"Sweetheart...just remember something." My father said. "Fight. Don't give up. Keep going. Don't you live as coward; hell don't die as one either. You're better than that. Die a hero; live a hero. Don't give up when it's hard, don't be pressured to give up. If someone wants you dead, slay them."

"No matter how much hate you get, no matter how much they push you, no matter how much they say you can't, remember you can. Fight them all. Make us proud." He said smiling.

Tears poured down my eyes as I kissed their cheeks. "I love you, with all my heart. Death on." They said to my in unison. "I love you to." I said sobbing. I then bolted out the door, not looking back.

But I was to late.

They where dead.