Chapter 1

My life is pretty normal I guess. Only one thing's different about my life than every other teenager: my uncle is Simon Cowell. Yes THE Simon Cowell. Me and him are very close. He's basically been the father figure I never had.

Everyone at my school knows who my uncle is. By some, I'm treated like a goddess because they want to meet celebrities that I 'know'. And by others, I'm bullied. They treat me like a pharaoh. Thank God it's my last year and that it's almost over. All that's left is the end of the year talent show.

My name is Jordan Cowell, Simon's niece. I have brown hair with neon pink tips and bright blue eyes, 19 years old and I love to sing, art, and I'm bit of a directioner. I'm from London, England and live with my mom. At the end of the year talent show, I'm going to sing for the first time in front of a crowd. One more thing that's important about me singing at the talent show: Uncle Si is going to be there an he's never heard me sing. No one has except my best friend, Grace. She has blonde hair and green eyes and is absolutely beautiful. Unlike me. Anyways, tonight's the night for me to finally show off my talent. And I'm excited!

"I can do this. I can do this." I kept repeating to myself. Okay I'm a bit nervous.

"Jordan! Calm down! You're an awesome singer," Grace said, trying to calm me down. " And your uncle's out there. You can do it for him."

Uncle Si. That just made it worse. My breathing started to become heavy and uneven. Great. Just great. I wanted to impress Simon because his opinion means the most to me. Plus he's owns Syco. God I'm so nervous.

"Up next is a senior by the name of Jordan Cowell!" the principal of my school announced me, "She'll be singing 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons"

"You can do this, Jordan. I believe in you!" Grace yelled and pushed me towards the stage. This is it.

I looked out at the crowd, trying to find Uncle Si. At first, I didn't see him. Then I saw five really big, muscular men and in the middle of them was Simon. He was standing, yelled and cheering. That gave me what I needed to sing in front of everyone.

I took a deep breath and started singing one of my all time favorite songs.

I'm waking up to ash and dust

I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust

I'm breathing in the chemicals

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus

This is it, the apocalypse

Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones

Enough to make my systems blow

Welcome to the new age, to the new age

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, I'm radioactive, radioactive

I raise my flags, don my clothes

It's a revolution, I suppose

We're painted red to fit right in

Whoa

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus

This is it, the apocalypse

Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones

Enough to make my systems blow