Yule Ball

Blakely's P.O.V 

"Sorry but im not going to the ball" I explained to Hermione for the hundreth time. 

"You have too!" She exclaimed 

"No I dont!" I yelled back. 

The Ball was tommorw and I didn't have a dress or a date. 

The only person I wanted to ask me asked another girl the day Harry was picked out of the Goblet of Fire. 

The same day I stopped talking to George. 

I know I shouldn't be mad at George for asking Johnson. I mean, it's not like I have dibs on him or anything. 

It was just a crush. 

A silly little crush. 

"Well will you at least go to Hogsmeade with us?" Hermione asked hopeful. 

Sighing, I went and grabbed my yellow jacket off the hook on the door.

"Hurry along" I mumbled on the way out the door. 

Reaching the common room, I walked past a cozy George and Johnson. 

"Revolting" I scoffed. 

"Tell me about it, Ace" Fred groaned, giving me a sideways glance. 

Chuckling, I kissed him on the cheek. 

"Down right bloody aweful" I stated. 

Hermione marched down the steps then and linked her arm with mine. 

"You coming to Hogsmeade?" I asked Fred. 

"In a bit" He said rolling his eyes at George.

Dress shopping at Hogsmeade took forever while I sat in the window, watching the snow fall. 

"This one?" Hermione asked, spinning around in a short green dress. 

"Plain" I answered, wrinkling my nose. 

Going and trying on another, I glanced at the wracks myself. 

"Hermione!" I called to her "Don't put another on" 

Pulling a dark pink tiered dress from the wrack, I handed it into her through the curtain. 

"It's pink" She moaned. 

"Just try it!" I exclaimed, chuckling. 

walking out with a big smile on her face, Hermione looked beautiful. 

"You need to buy that one" I stated, pushing her to the full length mirror. 

"You are beautiful" 

"You really think so?" she asked nervous. 

"I know so"

Hermione bought the dress and begged me to go and try on heels with her but I protested. 

"I'll meet you at the 3 broomsticks" I waved, already walking towards it. 

Thank god that was over, another minute picking out clothes and I was about to blow a boggert. Walking into the three broomsticks, the place was jam packed with couples filling every table. Finding a nice table for two, I sat down and ordered a Butterbeer. 

"Come here often?" A familier voice asked. 

"Only when my husband lets me out of the house" I winked at Fred as he sat across from me. 

"Where's Granger? Drive you bonkers already?" He asked, grinning at me. 

"Off my trolley" I exclaimed, "This Ball stuff is a bunch of rubbish. You dress up for one night, go out with someone you have to bloody impress, you cant even have fun because you're trying to hard and for what? One stinking night"