You Said

As the weather was getting colder outside, rain started to pour. I hated the rain, it made everything and everyone yucky, at least that's what I thought. 

Putting on my favorite over sized sweater, I tied my long hair into a messy bun on the top of my head.

I walked down to where the Goblet of fire was being held to meet Hermione and go over some school work. Entering the room, I noticed Krum walking away from the Goblet a smile on his face. 

Taking the seat next to Hermione, I winked at her and followed Krum with my eyes. 

Opening our books, we started to go over our most recent potions assignment when Fred and George burst through the doors. 

They were both holding flasks up in the air and everyone started to clap. 

"Aging Potion" Hermione said, catching the curious look on my face. 

Im going to kill them. 

"It won't work, will it?" I asked, wringing my hands together. 

Now behind us, the twins were recieving praise from everyone, even the Slytherins. 

"It's not going to work" Hermione sang. 

"Oh yeah, and why's that Granger?" Fred asked, kneeling down to her level. George did the same to me. 

"See this, it's an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself" Hermione stated, slamming her book shut. 

"So?" George shrugged. 

"So, a genius like Dumbledore can't be fooled with something as dimwitted as an aging potion" Hermione smirked. 

"Ah yes, but that's why it will work" Fred started. 

"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted" George finished.

I spun around and looked George straight in the eyes, grasping tightly to his wrist. 

"For your sake, you better hope it doesn't" I snapped. 

George's mouth dropped to the ground, surprised by my sudden outburst. But to be honest, so was I. I kept trying to remind myself that George is his own person, he can do what he wants but that feeling of worry and dread would always creep up telling me to stop him. 

He hesitated. 

This was my chance. 

"Please George, don't. If not for yourself, for me" I begged, holding his hand in mine. 

He looked at me shocked realizing I was serious about this. I didn't want him doing it. 

The truth was, I do care about him. How can I not he's my best friend. 

Looking down at his shoes, He glanced at Fred with an apologetic gaze. 

"Get away from her now!" Fred exclaimed like I was fricken voldemort in disguise. "We are doing this together" 

Before Fred could grab Georges arm he layed a small kiss on my hand and whispered an apology in my ear. 

"Ready Fred?" 

"Ready George" 

"Bottoms up"

They chugged the potion and jumped into the circle. 

Nothing. 

It actually worked. 

Laying my head in my hands, it throbbed with worry. 

Hearing identical screams and twin thuds, I looked up to see the circle vacated. Hermione nudged my arm and pointed across the room where the twins were thrown. They were now sporting grey beards and hair. 

Dumbledore is brilliant. 

"You said!" 

"You said!" 

They started to brawl on the floor and everyone cheered enjoying the fight. 

"Boys" I whispered.

After Professor Snape came in and broke up the fight, the boys were sent away and Hermione and I went to the library for a few hours till it got dark. 

Now walking back to the common room, I was pooped. 

"Lacewing Flies" I stated at the portrait. 

Opening it, I stummbled inside and flopped down on the couch. 

I heard footsteps coming down the boys steps and hoped it wasn't a perfect coming to tell me to get to bed. Hearing them come closer and closer, I felt weight against the couch as they sat against it on the floor. 

The scent of fresh laundry mixed with a musky sweet smell filled my nose. God that smelled so good. 

"Hey there old man" I chuckled, reaching blindly to ruffle Georges hair. 

"Howd you know it was me, you didn't even peek" George asked. 

Flipping on my side, I opened my big hazel eyes to look into George's. 

"Your smell" I grinned, "It's like fresh laundry mixed with sweetmint, It's delightful" I whispered. 

Why the hell did I just say that, what was I thinking? 

George is like my brother! You don't tell your brother his "Smell is delightful" 

Grinning at me, he leaned in and gave me a sloopy wet smooch on my neck. 

"Ugh! GEORGE!" I hissed, wipping spit off my tan skin. 

Laughing, he stood and leaned over my head. 

"You smell like a fresh field of strawberries somedays but most recently it's been a mixture of lavender and vanilla. It's my favorite scent, it means you're there" He whispered never even cracking a smile. 

He left, walking back up the stairs after that and left me with butterflies in my stomach. 

No one has every said anything like that to me before. 

It was everything I ever wanted to hear and more. More because it was the person who said it. 

George brought up feelings I never even knew I had for him. 

Deep rooted feelings, the kind you take with you to the wedding chapel. 

Closing my eyes, I shook my head in defeat. 

Was I really falling for my best friend?