You Had One Job

*George's P.O.V*

Ginny and I got to the woods easy enough but before we entered, Ron and Hermione were coming out. 

"Where the hell do you two think you're going?" I demanded "The Portkey is this way" 

"We lost Harry, we are going back to find him" Ron blurted. 

"Well I guess the others are just going to have to wait now aren't they? Frusterated, I pulled Ginny by the arm and followed them. 

The grounds were destroyed, ash was everywhere and terror still hung thick in the air. 

Each minute that passed without a sign of Harry, the more worried we became. 

Finally, laying among the burned rubble we spotted him. 

Ron and Hermione ran to him, pulling him off the black ground. 

"A m-man he, he had the mark. He produced his mark" Harry stammered, pointing up toward the sky. 

Standing in silence, we all looked up at the mark with dreed. 

"STUPIFY!" 

Ducking down, the spell missed us all by inches. 

"THOSE ARE MY KIDS!" I heard my father yell. 

Running toward us, the group of wizards that tried to curse us, moved in. 

"Which one of you conjured it?" Barty Crouch questioned, pointing his wand around. 

"You can't be serious? They are only kids" Dad exclaimed. 

"There, there was a man, standing right over there" Harry stepped forward and pointed "He produced the mark" 

The group scrambled away in search of the mysterious man, leaving us to make our way back home.

"Where is Fred and Blake?" Ron asked, almost as curious as I was. 

Worry started to eat me up inside as we walked through the dark woods. Picking up the pace, we reached the boot on top of the hill. 

No one was there. 

"They are probably back at The Burrow already" Dad whispered, grasping the portkey, "Everyone grab hold". 

Swirling through the air, I landed roughly on my back. 

Pulling ourselves together, we rushed down the hill toward the house.  

I rammed the door open and we all spilled into the kitchen. 

My heart sank. 

Fred was sitting at the kitchen table with his head in his hands, shaking. Mum was sitting next to him, bawling her bloody eyes out. 

Hearing our entrance, Fred looked up at us with blood shot eyes. He could hardly stand he was shaking so horrid. 

Stummbling toward us, his skin was pale as snow. 

"T-Th-ey got he-r-rr. The D-ee-ath E-aa-tt-ers they t-ooo-k he-r-rr" He stammered, tears falling down his face. 

Everything after that was a blur. 

Ginny collapsed to the ground, wailing. 

Hermione gasped, bending down, she cried with Ginny. 

Ron swore and punched the cabinet next to him. 

What did I do? 

I almost killed my brother. 

I stalked toward my sniveling twin and grabbed him by the collar, slamming him against the wall. 

"You had one job! ONE JOB! To keep her safe and you can't even do that right!" I screamed in his face. 

"She was right beside me the whole time! I swear to it! But one of them just grabbed her!" He explained frantically "I tried to get her back! I really did! But they apparited before I could reach her!" 

My blood boiled inside of me. Worry and hate mixed together making it impossiable to control my emotions. 

"OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDN'T TRY BLOODY HARD ENOUGH!" I yelled.

"Stop it! George this isn't your brothers fault!" Dad stated, parting us. 

Ripping my hands through my hair, I paced around the room. 

"We need to go and look for her, now. Every second we waste here is another second that the chance of her.............." I choked back the thought of Blake being anything but alive. 

"Where could we possiably start? She could be anywhere by now" Ron grumbled into his hands. 

"George, she was taken by 'You-Know-Whos' people. We all love Blakely and this pains all of us but...........Im afraid Blakely isn't.........With us anymore" Dad said grimmly, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

Furious, I slapped his hand away from me. 

"How can you say that? You don't know! None of us do. You may give up but don't ask me too!" I snapped.

Standing up from the table, mum placed her hands on either side of my face. 

"Honey, I know this is hard. You are my son, I have seen the way you look at her" Before I could protest, she silenced me, "Oh George, I hoped you would have gotten the chance to tell her how you really feel because I loved her too". 

With that, my mom cried into my shoulder while I let my own tears stream down my face. 

And to think I thought I hid my feelings for Blakely so well, I guess mums will always know. 

Standing in sorrow filled silence for what seemed like eternity, I wondered if time would ever pass the same still knowing that Blakely was..........Gone. 

She was gone. 

"I need to be alone" I stated, heading toward the stairs. 

Hitting the 4th step, Harry burst through the door yelling. 

I guess after he heard the news about Blakely, he needed to be alone as well. 

"The Yard! She's in the yard, hurry!" 

Jumping down the stairs, I ran as fast I could outback following the sound of Blakely's screams.