45- Sick Day

Avery

"You're faking it". My mother proudly says.

I put my hand to my stomach and wince at the throbbing ache in my belly. "No, I'm not faking it. I swear to god. I feel like I'm going to throw up".

My mother walked over to me and placed her hand on my forehead.

She looked suddenly surprised, and released her hand. "Jeez, you're actually burning hot".

I stayed silent, enduring the sensation of the ache, pounding inside of me.

I woke up with a terrible stomach ache. My mother assumed that I was faking it, so that I could skip out on school today, but I wasn't. I was literally ill.

My mother ordered me to stay in bed for the rest of the day and sleep. She assumed that I had the flu, so it might take a while to recover.

After giving me a bowl of soup and a glass of water, she left me alone in the comfort of my room.

It was 9:23 in the morning. People would already be at school, sitting in the boring classroom, listening to boring lectures. I laughed to myself, as I imagined everyone's faces looking weary.

I clicked on the tv, sitting across from my bed and began to watch pretty little liars on Netflix. It would at least keep me entertained for the rest of the day.

***

In my deepest sleep, I was interrupted by annoying tapping noises coming from outside. Continuous groans escaped my lips at the thought of my sister playing her stupid rock game outside. Don't ask...

As the obnoxious tapping continued, I suddenly had enough.

I pushed the blankets off of me and sat up. As I sat up, my eyes caught a glimpse of a silhouette standing on my balcony through the white, sheer curtains.

It shocked me at first, but I realized it was most likely Cameron.

I stood up on my feet and walked across the soft, plush carpet to my balcony doors.

I snapped the curtains open, revealing Cameron behind them, dressed in a casual yet hot outfit.

A black muscle tank, jeans and his daily black vans. His hair was lazily pushed back, but it looked terribly hot.

A wide smile appeared on his face, stretching ear to ear, as his eyes laid upon me.

My annoyed feeling was suddenly washed away, and I felt myself smile back at him.

I unlocked the door and slid them open, where the outside air lightly brushed against my skin.

Cameron picked me up, off of the floor and twirled me around. My stomach didn't feel like being spun, so I immediately told him to let me go. As much as I wanted to be in his arms, I couldn't unless I wanted to vomit all over him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks worriedly, setting me on the floor and giving me a concerned look.

"Sorry". I apologize. "I've been sick this whole day, and my stomachs not in the mood. I threw up two times today, and I slept most of the day, only getting up to go to the bathroom or downstairs to get something to e-"

"Shut up". Cameron interrupted.

I glare at him, and he lets out a smile. "You talk too much". He whispers, pressing his finger up against my lips.

His soft warm touch of his finger caused shivers up and down my spine. His touch was like fire. Like a burst of energy! I loved it!

Cameron nears closer to me, and the feeling of butterflies erupted in my stomach.

I didn't know if they were actually butterflies or the feeling of me wanting to throw up.

He leans in and moves his finger. As his finger moved, it was then replaced by his lips.

I pushed him away, and he opens his eyes.

"What?" He asks.

"I'm sick". I imply.

He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't care". He chuckles, grabbing me by the waist and hauling me close to him.

He leans in again, and presses his lips against my cheek.

I smile at his kindness and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I don't wanna get you sick". I mumble, as his lips peck me again and again.

"I don't care about that either. We can both get sick then, and then we can stay in bed together".

I couldn't see his face, due to his closeness, but I could tell he was smirking.

With that, he pushed me against the bed and laid me down.

Huddling closer to me, he nestled into my bed, pulling the blankets over our bodies and we both finished watching pretty little liars together.

----------------------------------------------------------->

One more day until schools over and it's CHRISTMAS!!!

I'm so pumped rn😄

30 votes & 10 comments for the next chapter!!!