6-Promises

Avery

Room 180. Biology.

I placed my hand on the wooden door, and slightly knocked.

The door opened, revealing an old man with grey hair and circular glasses, placed over his eyes.

He eyed me up and down, giving me the "who are you?" Look.

I pulled my lips between my teeth, and tightened my hands around my binders.

"I'm new here.. And umm..."

He just nodded. "C'mom in". He said, putting a smile on his face, and opening the door for me.

I walked into the classroom, and hundreds of heads turned my direction.

I felt my face start to heat up, and my palms become sweaty.

Everyone stared at me, like I had ten heads.

The teacher introduced me to the class, and told me to sit down in the empty desk at the front.

I propped my bag on the floor beside my desk and sat down.

The girl beside me turned her head towards me. I could feel her eyes scanning me.

She had long, wavy brown hair, that reached just below her breasts, dark brown eyes with a thick line of black eyeliner, and she wore a beige coloured sweater, black leggings, and a pair of black Nikes.

She wasn't a total girly girl. But she wasn't a tom boy. She was a mixture of both.

She noticed me staring, and a smile spread across her cheeks.

"Hey". She smiles.

I tucked a loose piece of hair behind my ear. "Hey". I replied.

"You're really pretty". She compliments, looking at my entire body.

I could feel my cheeks start to tinge into a slight pink colour.

"Thanks". I blush. "You are too".

She smiles again.

"What's your name?" I ask.

She lends her hand out for me to shake. "Jordyn". She answers.

I nod. "Oh cool. I'm Avery".

***

When lunch rolled around, me and Jordyn headed to the cafeteria together. We've started to become really good friends! She was going to introduce me to the rest of her friends, which made me excited.

When we got our food, she led me to a table in the middle of the cafeteria, where a few girls were sitting at it.

"Guys!". Jordyn says, catching their attention. "We have a new squad member!" 

She gestured over towards me, making everyone's eyes focus on me.

Smiles grew on each and every one of their faces.

"Yay!" A girl with blonde hair shrieks. The other girl mimicked her in excitement.

A girl with brown hair grabs my arm and pulls me down, causing my butt to touch the chair.