1- Move in

Avery

"Noooo!!" I wine, as my father pulls up to our new house.

"Yeeeess!" My older sister: Anna praises, as she undos her seatbelt, and jumps out of the car.

She stands outside the car, and breathes it all in.

I cross my arms over my chest, and sink into my seat.

"C'mon Avery". My father says, opening up his door and stepping out. "You'll love it here".

"No I won't". I mumble under my breath, as I roll my eyes.

I didn't even want to come here in the first place.  I had my whole life back in New York! All my friends were there. My boyfriend was there. And life was just perfect there!
Then my dad ruined it, by getting a stupid job offer, and we had to move all the way to California.

Anna ran over to my side of the car, and opened the door.

"C'mon babyface!" She laughs, undoing my seatbelt, and grabbing my foot.

"Hey! let go!" I ordered, trying to kick her off of me.

She grabs ahold of my other foot, and pulls me out of the vehicle.

"Anna!" I yell, as my butt meets the pavement.

"Girls. Stop yelling". My mother says, cringing her face as we yelled back and forth at each other.

I sigh and roll my eyes, as I stand up, rubbing my now sore butt.

Anna laughs and playfully punches my arm.

"Girls, you can get first pick on your bedrooms". My father announces, as he opens up the trunk, and begins to unload.

Me and Anna immediately look at each other.

I knew what she was thinking.

War was about to happen.

I quickly grasped my red jansport backpack from my seat, and nudged past her, running towards the house.

"Hey!" She shrieks. 

I looked back at her, to see her running after me.

I quickly pushed open the door, and ran up the staircase, assuming that the bedrooms were up there.

Anna was right on my tail, grabbing my legs, as I ran up the stairs, trying to make me trip. But I ran even faster, and beat her.

Let's just say that track and field comes in handy when it comes to beating your sister to a bedroom.

Anna is one of those girls who'd rather go shopping and paint her nails.

Me on the other hand. I'm more of your sporty type girl. I prefer going to football games and running a marathon, rather than getting a makeover and shopping.

I made my way to the top of the staircase, and ran to the closest door I spotted.

I opened the door and a huge empty room appeared in sight.