Chapter 46: Forgiveness

Hazel's POV

I looked over the London bridge at the water. I could hear bells ringing and kids singing and I felt an overwhelming sensation of happiness. Lights filled the streets and light snowflakes were falling from the sky, everything was perfect.

"It sure is beautiful, isn't it?" My most favourite voice in the world said from behind me, as I felt big muscular arms wrap around me.

"It is, I love it." I smiled the biggest I have in a while.

"I love you." Ashton whispered into my ear, and I turned around.

"I love you too, and I always will." I whispered back. Ashton's big amazing smile warmed my heart and took my breath away, the butterflies in my stomach almost consuming my whole body.

"Merry Christmas, love." Ashton's voice was so smooth, like velvet to my ears. His lips came in contact with mine, and fireworks shot up.

I felt so happy, nothing could ruin it. I was with the person I love the most, standing on the London bridge on Christmas. Everything was perfect.

I stood in Ashton's warm protecting arms for what felt like forever, nothing made me feel safer.

All of a sudden an arm came out of nowhere and pulled me away from Ashton.

"Ashton! No!" I screamed.

"Hazel!" Ashton screamed, but he didn't move.

"Let go if me!" I yelled to the person pulling me away.

"You love me, not him!" The voice yelled, which I recognized right away.

"I don't love you, Trevor! I only love Ashton!" I screamed and all of a sudden I was in the air, falling from the bridge to my death.

~~

I shot up from my pillow, my face felt wet and I realized that I had been crying.

"Ashton." I sobbed into my hands.

Without thinking, I pulled my phone off of my nightstand, turned it on, and started scrolling through my contacts, until I landed on Ashton's name.

I stared at his contact for a couple of minutes just debating if I should call him. I really wanted to, but of course there was the negative side.

What if he's with another girl? What if he picks up the phone, realizes its me then hangs up? What if he hates me? All these thoughts consumed my mind, and I turned my phone off, put it back onto my nightstand, and laid back down.

"It's okay, Hazel, you're okay." I whispered to myself to calm myself down.

~~

The morning finally arrived after what felt like the longest night ever. All the events from the night before flooded back, and made me want to crawl back into my pillow and fall to sleep.

What am I going to do? I can't walk out and face Trevor. I laid back down and stared at my ceiling. I could hear Trevor's footsteps downstairs and didn't want to even think about what would happen if I went down there.

I decided to just stay in my room all day and clean or something to keep me occupied, anything was better than facing Trevor.

~~

It was about one o'clock in the afternoon now, and I still hadn't left my room. I heard Trevor leave a couple of hours ago, so I was the only one in the house.

I finally left my room and walked downstairs to grab some food, then quickly walked back up. About half an hour passed and I heard Trevor's car pull into the driveway.

Automatically, I started getting nervous and my heart started beating fast. I decided to just lay on my bed and try to nap for a bit.

Trevor entered the house and crawled up the stairs. My heart started beating faster and faster as his footsteps got louder and louder. Then, my door opened.

I quickly shut my eyes and pretended I was asleep.

"Hazel." Trevor whispered.

"Hazel, wake up." He whispered again, but I didn't budge.

"Alright beautiful, it was a long night, I'll let you sleep." Trevor whispered and kissed my forehead, and it took every part of my body to not flinch at his touch. He walked out, and shut my door.

I quickly shot up and opened my eyes. My eyes quickly scanned to the huge bouquet of red roses on the table across the room and I quickly padded over to them.

Instantly the memory of Trevor trying to buy my forgiveness with all those bouquets, teddy bears, and that diamond necklace, flooded back.

There was a card in the flowers and I quickly ripped it open.

Hazel,

My dear, sweet, beautiful Hazel. No one has ever brought the same amount of joy and love to my heart as you do.

I rolled my eyes at Trevor's bullshit of a card.

You're smile is brighter than a thousand suns and your heart is bigger than the universe. Hazel, my love, we both said some things last night that I know we didn't mean. I know we love each other very, very much.

In denial bitch.

I forgive you, Hazel. So please, please forgive me for the words I said.

I love you a lot.

Sincerely, Trevor.

Wow, that letter is even more fake than he is. I guess I have to forgive him, I mean, maybe he really did mean the stuff that he wrote in that card, I mean, at least he tried right? I have no way of getting home, and There's probably no way I could get back with Ashton.

So I guess I forgive him.

.

.

.

.

Heyyy! Sorry this chapter is kind of short and boring, but, this is my last week of school until Christmas break, and I might start updating more during then;) Thank you guys so much for sticking by me and reading this book. Whenever I'm sad I just come on here and read your guys' comments and it really makes my day:) I love you all so, so much, and I'm so beyond blessed to have you guys read my book:) I hope you all have a great day, or night, and I'll see you guys later! Byeeeeeeee!

-Jael<3