Chapter 38: The Letter

Hazels POV

"Hazel, Hazel, wake up." I heard Trevor's voice as he shook me.

"What, what?" I groaned.

"It's 2:00 in the afternoon." Trevor laughed as he looked down at me, his face only inches from mine.

"Someone's happy this morning." I half smiled barely opening my eyes.

"Just didn't have a very bad hangover is all." Trevor shrugged and sat on the bed, and I cocked an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Okay, okay," Trevor laughed. "We got invited to this huge party tonight downtown."

"Really?" I began feeling more excited.

"Yeah, and I just thought maybe you wanted to get ready-" I jumped up and ran out of the room and to the bathroom to take a shower, not caring that the room was pretty much spinning from my hangover.

I shut the door behind me and turned the hot water on, pretty much my everyday routine now.

I thought about how the party would be, downtown is where all the big mansions are, I've never been there but I've heard legendary party stories about there and I was excited to be able to go there.

A year ago I would never be able to imagine my life how it is now, living in Florida, partying every night, just enjoying my life, living. It's incredible.

And all with the man I really really like.

Like. Why not love? Trevor and I have been together for a couple of months now, how come we haven't exchanged "I love you's" yet? I just don't have that feeling of love. When I was with Ashton I just knew that I was in love with him from the minute I met him, and deep down I still do, I just don't admit it to myself. But with Trevor, I really, really like him, but I don't get the same butterflies I did with Ashton.

~~

We arrived at the big party at about 9:30 at night. The house was gigantic, and it looked like there were hundreds of people just outside.

We stepped out of the car and I quickly held Trevor's hand as we walked up to the door.

The inside was even bigger than I imagined. A gigantic living room, huge TV and lots and lots of people who already looked drunk out of their minds.

"Heyyy, Trevor! Glad you could make it!" A tall guy stumbled over to Trevor and I.

They began talking and I just looked around, not paying attention to their conversation. This place reminded me of somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Oh! New Years! Except instead of drunken people grinding on each other it was screaming and crying girls, that was a good night.

I don't know why, but lately I've been thinking a lot about Ashton. Just every situation I think about Ashton, everything reminds me of him, that's why I left my hometown to come here, it worked at first but now it's starting to happen here too.

~~

The night went on and I had lost Trevor a long time ago, I didn't really drink much because I wasn't very comfortable and I wanted to be aware of everything.

I was sitting down against a wall in the ginormous kitchen with a glass of water in my hand, wow I'm lame.

"There you are!" Trevor staggered over with a bottle of beer in his hand. "I've been looking for ya!" He slurred and I just nodded, not really knowing what to say.

"What's your deal?" He looked slightly offended.

"Nothing, nothing, just a little bored." I shrugged.