Chapter 35: Finally Trying

Michaels POV

"Have you guys seen Ashton?" I asked walking into the living room to see Luke and Calum on the couch playing Fifa.

"No," Luke said, pausing the game.

"Yeah, I don't think he came home last night." Calum said putting his controller down.

"That's odd of him, he almost always comes home." I said confusedly sitting down on the chair beside the couch.

"Where do you think he is?" Luke asked.

"I honestly don't know, maybe we should go look for him, it would be awful if something happened to him." I said already getting up and walking towards the door.

~

We walked up to the big fancy bar Ashton normally goes too, and looked around to see any possible evidence of him.

"Maybe we should go ask the people at the hotel if he checked in last night." I said gesturing to the run down hotel across the street.

"It's worth a shot." Luke shrugged his shoulders.

We walked into the main entrance of the hotel, it was a little nicer on the inside than the outside.

"Hello." I said kindly to the middle aged looking woman on the other side of the desk.

"Hi." She mumbled, as if she hated being there.

"Um, I was just wondering if a man named Ashton Irwin checked in last night?" I asked in hope of an answer.

"I'm sorry sir, that's confidential information." The lady said. I rolled my eyes and came up with an idea, I know it's wrong but we need to know where Ashton is, I reached into my pocket and pulled out a 50 dollar bill, why do I have 50 dollars casually in my pocket? I have no idea.

I slipped the bill across the counter discreetly, in hopes no one would see.

"How about now?" I said in a deep voice, just above a whisper.

"Are you bribing me, sir?" The lady cocked an eyebrow.

"I don't know, are you willing to answer my question?" I replied. The woman rolled her eyes, took the bill and quickly put it in her pocket.

"Fine. No, he's checked in before, but not last night." The lady said in a low annoyed tone.

"Thank you." I said politely and walked out of the hotel.

"I can't believe you just bribed someone." Luke said as we got out onto the street.

"It's what I had to do, I would spend hundreds of dollars just for answers." I shrugged.

"I guess we should go check the bar now, because if Ashton didn't spend the night at that hotel maybe he didn't even go to the bar last night." Calum said.

"That's ridiculous, Ashton can't go one night without drinking." I said.

We walked into the big bar, already a bunch of people in there drinking in mid day, we walked through the people to the main bar.

"Excuse me," I said to the bleached blonde bartender, who looked about in her early 20's.

"Have I seen you from somewhere?" She asked gesturing to all 3 of us.

"No." I quickly said, not wanting to draw attention to ourselves.

"Are you sure? I feel like I've seen you on TV or in a magazine or something, are you famous?" She asked curiously.

"No," we all said, probably sounding extremely suspicious but I was just praying that she didn't go further into the conversation.

"Alright," She shrugged in defeat. "What can I do for you guys?"

"Can we talk to the owner?" I asked, we know the owner of this bar pretty well, and hoped he would give us answers.

"Okay, just give me a minute." The girl smiled and walked through a door behind the counter. About a minute later she walked back with Johnny.

"Hey guys," He smiled, "Whats up?"

"Hey, uhh, we were just wondering if Ashton was here last night, we know he's here every other night, but he just didn't come home last night." I explained.

"Well, I'm not normally supposed to tell this kind of stuff, but since it's you guys, I will." He said. "No, he wasn't here last night, I was actually kind of confused because normally he'll come every night and he'll just talk to me about all his problems and stuff." We all sighed in worry.

"Did he tell you at all about anything? Like if he was gonna do anything or go anywhere?" I asked in a shaky tone, now starting to get scared.

"Well...he did say something about how his ex girlfriend moved to Florida, and how he needs to get her back." Johnny shrugged and all 3 of us guys gasped in relief.

"Do you guys know what this means?" I smiled, and Luke and Calum nodded their heads. "He's finally trying."

Hazel's POV

It's been about a week since the first time I partied with all these guys, each night it just gets better and better, the rush I get from the alcohol is just incredible, I've never had a feeling like that before, all of my worries just flooding away with each sip I take.

But the feeling of the day after, well that's the feeling I hate.

I woke up from the brightness coming through the window across the room. I groaned and sat up to look at what time it was, just to have an awful pain in my head. I quickly laid back down and shut my eyes.

After laying in bed for about another 20 minutes, I slowly got up and padded to the bathroom across the hall. I quickly shut the door behind me and turned the shower on.

The hot water felt amazing against my skin, and seemed to help my hangover with each minute that passed.

After about 10 minutes I shut off the water and got out. I dried myself off and threw my hair up into a towel.

I threw on a pair of blue ripped skinny jeans and and plain white teeshirt, and after my hair was dry enough, I threw it up into a messy bun.

My day consisted of pretty much just laying around and watching Netflix, I scrolled through all the movies that I loved so much and stumbled apon my favourite movie, The Fault In Our Stars. My heart ached as a lot of memories flooded through my mind. This movie reminded me of my prime days with Ashton, I remembered how happy I was back in those days, if only I knew what was to come only a couple of months later, if only things didn't screw up.

8pm rolled around, a time that I used to hate but have come to love, the time of the day where I can't just drink away all of my memories and sorrow, and after the memories that came back today, I'm gonna have to drink a couple more cups.

Everyone was laughing having a great time, including me. I was about 3 drinks in and already felt the alcohol consuming my system, a very odd but amazing feeling.

"So, are you in love with Florida yet?" Trevor yelled to me over the loud music.

"Yeah, I think so, thanks for convincing me to come here!" I yelled back.

"Yeah, probably completely took your mind off of-" Trevor stopped dead in his tracks and the room fell silent, confusion washed over me, I turned around and looked towards the door. I was drunk, but not drunk enough to not notice what was going on.

My heart completely dropped to my stomach at the sight of Ashton standing at the door.

.

.

.

.

.

Hello guys!! Okay, THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR 20K READS AND 900 VOTES! I honestly don't know how to thank you guys for all of this, it just makes me so extremely thankful that you guys actually read this book, and I never ever thought I would even get 10 reads let alone 20k!! So thank you so so so much!! I hope you guys liked this chapter, I just got a bunch of inspiration for this book and I'm so excited for the chapters to come! You guys are so amazing and I hope that you have a great day or night and I'll see you later!! Byeeeeee:)))))

-Jael<3