New house

My life is changing...moment by moment...day by day... nothing will be how it used to before. I sit in the back with Emily. I see her stare out the car window and she is just focused on the things we pass by. I want to know what she is thinking ... how she feels that we are finally getting adopted. Ugh I wish I could read minds.

''So girls, you excited that you can get out of that old small house?'' Veronica asked.

"I don't know..." Emily mumbled so low only I can hear her.

"Ya, it's pretty exciting." I quickly said.

"There some cute guys your age, Ally." Tim added but all I did was nod.

I didn't really want to be apart of the awkward conversations anymore so I went to sleep.

14 hours later

"we are here!" Veronica and Tim both said. I looked over at Emily and saw she was still staring out the window in the same position she was in before I went to sleep. I grabbed my bag that was at my feet and I looked out the window to see a house that isn't to small but isn't to big. It is white, and had stairs leading to the front door.

Tim parked and I got out. I ran inside and Veronica was right behind me. She started leading me to my room and it was pretty cool. It was a ocean blue and had my name above the bed. It had Christmas light up because it's close to Christmas.

"So is this where Emily and I are gonna sleep?'' I asked.

"Um, well this is your room, Emily is right next door." Veronica stated

"Oh,cool" I said

Emily and I have always shared a room even when are dad was alive and before are mom gave us up. This might be a good thing though.

"so um Veronica can I go look around this town?'' I asked

"Sure" she said happily

I then ran outside and saw Emily still in the car. So I walked up to her and opened the door.

"Hey Emily want to come with me, im going to look around the town."

''Sure'' she said sounding upset. Why is she acting so weird. I think to myself.

We start to walk down the block. Then we stumble into a small town. It has many stores around me and I see people socializing. I start to get lost in my train of thought.

What has my life become? I had a good life when I was younger, I remember playing dolls with Emily and my mom. I also remember my dad pretending to be a airplane while I ride on his back. Now I am living in North Carolina with foster parents, and my sister seems depressed.

I then bump into someone. Embarrassing.

I fall on my butt and it hurt. I look up and see a guy. He had dirty blond hair that went straight up to the side perfectly, and he had brownish-greenish eyes. He was really cute.