The First Exam & The Redhead's Promise

I was on the verge of crying as the fact that this was A WRITTEN TEST sunk in. Naruto. Naruto... The bonehead. My best friend... Not the brightest crayon in the box... Oh, no.

Guess who I was sitting next to? If you say Sasuke, you're wrong, although that seems logical. But if I had ended up sitting next to him, especially after our argument... I would've killed him, or I would've shot myself, just to end the torture.

I was next to -BOM, BOM, BOM!- Gaara! EEH! Okay. I'm waaaaaaaaay too happy about that. Damn him for making me be all girly.

"Alright, now that you're all seated, the test will begin once I explain the rules." I sighed. Oh, fudge... He's gonna start talking AGAIN!? Do you have any idea how bad it is for there to be a lot of rules for someone who never pays attention like me? 

And, really, more rules? What did Ibiki want to do, kill us? A part of me said yes, he really did.

"First rule: Each of you starts with 10 points. There's ten questions on the test in all, each worth one point. Each one you get wrong, we deduct a point from you. Get all ten right, you keep all of your points. For example, if you get three wrong, your point total goes down to seven." No chizz. He's a math whiz, too, huh? Such a facepalm moment...

"However, this test is still a team event. Whether you pass or fail depends on how many points the members on your team retain. The object is to have as few deductions as possible," Ibiki continued.

Perfect. So now, we're even more screwed. And I have a feeling that Ibiki STILL isn't done.

"Wait! What do you mean team total?" Sakura asked. Of course it had to be Sakura. He says no questions, and she asks. Sigh...

"Shut up and listen, you'll learn something, since you obviously didn't hear the no questions part," Ibiki said. It's official. I like him. "Anyway... Throughout the exam... If any candidate gives the proctors any reason to think that he or she has cheated... Two points are subtracted from each member of the cheater's team."

"Oh..." Sakura muttered.

"Exactly. Also, if any of you run through your points total during the exam... You fail and you'll be asked to leave. If you're caught cheating, you bring down your team with you! If you want to be a Chunin... You've got to start acting like you already are one!" Ibiki said.

Well, although most of what I heard was just blah, I decided that all Sakura, Jerk-Face, and I had to do was keep enough of our points to make up for Naruto.

Ibiki didn't speak for a while... It's over? No more rules? WOOHOO! NO MORE RU-

"Oh! And one more thing..." Damn it. "If any member of a team looses all ten of their points... No matter how well the other members do... They will be disqualified!"

Heh... Then that means... SAY WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yep. It's really official now. We're screwed.

"You have one hour... Starting now!" Ibiki said. My eye was twitching, but I looked down at my paper, and...

I didn't understand crap. Seriously? Cryptography? Who even does that? I don't even know what that is! Dear cheese...

Look, I'm smart, but I'm not an einstienette or anything like that. Sure, I was really a braniac in the normal world, but the most complicated thing I faced there was Algebra. Not cryptography... Or shuriken crap! There's no way Naruto'll be able to solve it...

Alright. It's settled. I'm cheating like a ninja. Wait... Didn't Ibiki say 'if' we got caught cheating? If... That's it! I GET IT NOW!

They wanted us to cheat! That's so... Twisted. But it's actually smart, since ninja should have good information gathering skills.