Kabuto Vs. Minxie

Recap: I blinked as I stared up at the scoreboard, and I couldn’t stop the little breath that caught in my throat. See, the scoreboard said:

“Yakushi Kabuto vs. Minxie Patterson.”

Story Start::

"Okay... Minxie, Kabuto, would you please step forward?" Hayate asked, and both Kabuto and I stepped forward, facing each other.

"Everyone minus the two competitors, please go to the stands and observe the match from there." The other genin did as instructed, and everyone retreated to the stands. Gaara gave me a look before he went to the stands, and suddenly, I felt very self-conscious. What if I completely messed up in this battle? That would really, really suck.

My team stood behind for a few seconds longer. Sakura went over to me, her eyes pleading.

"Minxie... I'm begging you... Withdraw... P-Please... Or at least get Sasuke to? He'll listen to you," She said, her lip quivering.

"I'm sorry, Sakura, but I'm not withdrawing. I'll be fine. And Sasuke never listens to me, much less now. There are only a few things that're important to him, and I know that I'm not one of them, so I can't help you there. Sorry," I said, staring at the ground.

She nodded, understanding, and made her way to the stands. Naruto grinned at me, not lacking his usual energy for even an instant.

"Minxie! You better not lose here!" He exclaimed, and I nodded, smiling at him. He grinned back, and bounded up the stairs to the stands.

I didn't even check to see if Sasuke was there. Apparently, he was, because he tapped my shoulder and made me look at him.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked.

"Like you care. Just go to the stands," I said, rolling my eyes and turning to look at my opponent.

"Minxie..."

"I said to go! I'm fine," I snapped, and he raised an eyebrow at me, but didn't argue again. He went to the stands, eyeing me with those beautiful onyx eyes, and I just ignored him.

"Minxie... Don't use the Mind's Eye," Someone said, and I spun around and saw Kakashi-sensei.

"Er... The what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"The eye you obtained in the Land of Waves. Don't use it. The curse mark will take over you if you do," He warned.

"Ah... That's what I figured. Guess I have to stick to other jutsus, huh?" I asked, and he nodded.

"But more than anything, good luck. I know you can do it," He said, smiling his closed-eye smile and ruffling my hair. I smiled back, and he made his way to the stands.

Once all was clear, Kabuto and I faced each other.

"Alright. I want to see a clean fight. You can use all jutsu, weapons, and other items or traits you possess... Do either of you have any objections?" Hayate asked.

"None at all," Kabuto said, smiling at me.

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p.'

"Very well, then. The first match begins... Now!"

Kabuto didn't move. He instead tilted his head at me, smiling. "You're going to enjoy fighting me, aren't you? Since you don't like me at all," He said.

"Of course I am. Now, are you gonna talk all day like you usually do, or are you gonna make a move anytime soon?" I asked, getting into a fighting stance.

"You know how it goes. Ladies first," He said.

"If it's ladies first... Then why haven't you moved yet?" I taunted innocently, and he smirked.