Sasuke's Match & The Curse Mark: Sealed!

Minxie's POV

I have no idea how I won, but I'm glad I did. All I remember is Kabuto telling me all those terrible things... And then it's blank. I don't know what happened next, and it scared me, because last time I had a void in my memory was the time that I had almost killed Haku.

"Alright, the next match'll be..." Hayate began, breaking me out of me thoughts and turning to the scoreboard.

My eyes widened once I realized whose name was on it. The scoreboard read:

"Sasuke Uchiha vs. Yoroi Akado."

My head instantly whirled to the Uchiha who was next to me. At that precise moment, he winced, and I realized that he was getting waves of pain even more frequently. I looked at him with concerned eyes, and he looked back at me, smirking.

"Don't look at me like that, loser. You look helpless," He said, but I couldn't stop looking at him with the same expression. "Look... I'll be fine. You know I'm not going to back down."

I sighed, nodding. He wouldn't withdraw for anyone, not even me. "Just... Just be careful. I won't be able to come to your rescue this time," I teased, and he rolled his eyes. Then, I got really serious. "Promise me... That you'll come out of this match alive?"

He looked at me for a while. "If I promise you that... Will you stop with those helpless puppy dog eyes of yours?" He asked.

I nodded, smiling brightly. He chuckled, a smirk on his face.

"Fine... Then I promise to come out of this match alive. I'll win," He said coolly.

"Good... 'Cuz I mean, it's like I said. I can't come down and save you like last time... It counts as cheating," I pointed out.

"Whatever, loser," He said with an eye roll, and with that, he went down the stairs and to the arena. That Yoroi guy was a member of Kabuto's team, I remembered, and I had no idea what his talents were.

Sasuke... Don't die. I really don't know what I'll do if you get hurt again... I whispered in my mind, clenching the bars on the stands.

Suddenly, a hand was on my shoulder, and I looked up, relaxing when I saw that it was only Kakashi-sensei.

"Relax, Minxie. He just needs to make sure he doesn't over-exert himself, and he'll be fine," He assured, and I sighed, nodding.

"Kakashi-sensei... Did I... I transformed again, didn't I? In the match with Kabuto... I turned bad, didn't I?" I asked in a whisper, praying no one else heard me.

He was quiet for a while, watching Sasuke and Yoroi face each other. "Yes... You did," He said quietly.

"That's what I thought..." I muttered, suddenly feeling really bummed out. "If that's the case... I shouldn't have won. That kind of power... It isn't fair."

He looked at me, and something I couldn't identify crossed his eyes. "But that's exactly why it's right that you won," He said.

I'm pretty sure I had the biggest question mark ever above my head. "I don't understand what you mean..." I muttered.

"The things you say, Minxie. You'd rather lose to someone who provoked and mocked you like that, just so the match would be fair. Even after that Kabuto boy said all those things to you... You still believe he should've won," He explained. I still didn't get him, but he continued speaking.

"You're not the weakest leak in the Takeda clan, Minxie. If anything, you're the strongest. You possess a heart of gold, unlike your ancestors. And although we can't see it all the time, I know it's there. And it's because of that heart of gold... That you had every right to win. You're going to do great things, Minxie, I just know it. You're truly... One of the best students I've ever had," He finished, smiling his closed-eye smile at me.