Chapter 33: Replace

Nijicchi's Nonsense: So so sorry for the wait TT~TT Plot bunnies wouldn't stop bothering me and a certain masochist encouraged me to start a new series OTL Excuses aside, I apologize in advance if Akashi may seem OOC here but that's kinda on purpose cause he's still messed up X3 Oh, and this chapter's quite long too~!

Enjoy reading~!

---------

The redhead chose to be Akashi Seijuro again.

He felt terrible right at the moment he woke up. It was that same feeling of extreme discomfort that Akashi felt when he first woke up as Seira. Waves of pain shot through his skull while his muscles felt tired. Impossibly tired.

Akashi let out a groan as he got up. His chest felt lighter. The feeling was almost foreign that it was terrifying. How long had he been a girl?

"Good morning, Sei," Izumi's voice hardly registered to the redhead's mind. Akashi just stared at his relative, too tired to speak. His mouth felt dry.

"Guess we gotta cut your hair first." Izumi winked.

--------------

It felt strange to see his own reflection. Disturbingly strange... Akashi had gotten used to see that feminine version of his self. It was a scary thought how he'd gotten so used to seeing the non-existent Akashi Seira whenever the redhead faces the mirror.

He was out for four days. And he wasn't even sure if he could face Nijimura soon. Akashi didn't know how will he react, how both of them will react. Will Nijimura be upset? Probably. The redhead took a deep breath. Stop thinking about him. Akashi's life doesn't revolve around his captain...

Right?

Akashi cringed at his self. "You're a hopeless case," he muttered. How does the Akashi Seijuro act around his captain again?

"Sei!" he heard Izumi's voice. He went out the bathroom to face his rather eccentric relative.

"What is it?"

"Come with me!" Izumi declared eyes glinting with excitement. What could she possibly excited for? There's only one way to find out, Akashi thought.

-------------

Izumi took him to some place then just left Akashi there. She never made much sense to him. Akashi just found his self stand there alone, at a bridge. The redhead was told to wait, so he did. Besides, some time alone would surely do good for him. Some time to get his self together. A change of place might help...

"Akashi!" he heard Nijimura's voice filled with hope and anticipation. A hand reached for Akashi's arm and the redhead looked back. His crimson eyes immediately widened when he saw Nijimura. A change of place might help? Scratch that. Things just got worse...

"Nijimura-san?" how could Izumi purposely let them meet? Akashi could only wonder. But it's probably for the best... At least he would be able to prepare his self a little when they meet each other on a regular basis again. Meeting at school would be less awkward this way.

He felt his chest tighten with the sight of his senpai. Akashi felt his insides get crushed when disappointment washed away the hopeful expression that Nijimura was wearing.

"H-Hey...it's nice to see you again," Nijimura's words were obviously forced. As if just getting those words out took a part of his life.

"It's nice too see you again too, Nijimura-san," Akashi replied politely. Good start... Nijimura's hand didn't leave Akashi's arm. The latter didn't make any protest to it. Who knows when will be the next time that his captain would touch him so openly?