Chapter 19 : Hopeless

Nijicchi's Nonsense: Another update yay! \(^0^)/ Okay I take back what I said, I am enjoying this random chapter titles XD

------

"Nijimura!" a girl said grabbing him by the collar and dragging him down to kiss him on the cheek--well is what she had planned but Nijimura turned his head after hearing her call his name resulting in their lips meeting each other. He was more than surprised with the kiss that he wasn't able to move away. The kiss lasted for a couple of seconds; it was the girl who parted away. Loud cheers resounded from the classroom after the kiss.

"What the hell Yuuri?" Nijimura blurted out dumbstruck.

"No it's not--!" she said blushing while waving her hands in front of her frantically.

"I thought we had a mutual agreement to be just friends?" he said smirking a little.

"You jerk, it was just a dare," she playfully punched his arm smiling, "And it was supposed to be just on the cheek but you turned your head," she added laughing a little. Yuuri was a good friend of the raven-haired teen. She was the first female friend that he made during his first year in Middle School. She confessed to him before, but he just didn't see her as more than a friend. She's beautiful; it's a given, but Nijimura was never one to be attracted just by the looks. He rejected her yet still, there they were, they still managed to be good friends. It was just an infatuation; they both concluded.

Nijimura could've just laughed it off and pretended it never happened, but Akashi came and shit got real.

***

When Akashi left, Nijimura's classmates went from cheering to jeering at him.

"Laaaaame," Kazuki said looping an arm around Nijimura's neck. "Like what the hell is with that half-assed 'see you around', Shuuzo? You can do better than that! Should've just confessed!"

"If Akashi was like the other girls I might've already, probably even waaaay earlier" Nijimura prying Kazuki's arm off his neck. "She's not like the others okay?"

"Ah-huh, then what? Just let the little redhead think you got some hots for Yuuri?"

"Of course not," Nijimura replied immediately.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry Nijimura! Though it's your fault for turning your head," Yuuri said.

"Bloody hell? And here earlier you were blushing like some innocent middle schooler," Nijimura said scowling. "Which you aren't,"

"I was just surprised! It was supposed to be just on the cheek! Though I never thought you had soft lips," she replied smiling suggestively.

"Ha! Now you know," he said smugly. "You and your stupid dares," he grumbled blushing slightly with her remark about his lips.

"Oh come on, at least she's jealous,"

That would be nice.

"Screw you, just go back to your classroom already,"

"Come on, don't be so cranky. I'm sure you already kissed her, right?" she asked nudging his chest with an elbow.

His cheeks burned as he remembered that certain pathetic story about a third year guy who kissed a second year girl when she was asleep. One of his greatest regrets in life.

"Oh my gosh, and here I thought you haven't!" Yuuri exclaimed gasping dramatically.

"That's my boy!" Kazuki said patting Nijimura's back.

Kurokami then entered the room, but Yuuri pulled the black-haired girl right after, making her join their little discussion.

"What?" Kurokami grumbled.