Chapter 5 : 5v5

Akashi took it upon herself to play the point guard postion. Her teammates were hesitant at first but still ended up agreeing with her; none of them had ever played that position after all.

While the other three second years were having their doubts, Kise was excited to see how the redhead would do in their mini-game. He didn't expect any less from her; she's an Akashi after all. Actually, he wasn't really sure what to expect, but he simply wanted to know where all that confidence was coming from.

----

The first three minutes of the game didn't go well for the redhead. Akashi's reflexes were a little slower. She knew what she had to do but her body was a half a second late reacting. It was just half a second, but it was enough for her opponent to leave her in the dust. The ball got slapped away from her at least four times, and she was blocked at least three times. Even her passes were sloppy and most of her team's turn over came from her.

"Do you still want to continue, Akashi-chan?" Kise asked her. He had a high respect for Akashi Seijuuro but he wasn't sure what to think of his supposedly twin sister. Their scores surely would've had a larger gap if Kise hadn't been working extra hard.

They were allowed to have one time-out and Akashi's team had already burned theirs. Four minutes have passed and her team's morale has already dropped. What can they do if their team's court general wasn't doing fine herself?

"Don't worry Kise-kun, I already got the hang of it," she replied with a confident smile. "We'll win this game, trust me."

"Akashi-chan how are we--"

"I did say don't worry, didn't I? I assure you one thing Kise-kun, by the end of this game, you'll start calling me with -chi at the end of my name," she said before heading towards the court. The air around her changed; everyone on her team noticed that. How could they not? It was the same air that always seem to surround Akashi Seijuuro whenever he starts to get serious. Simply noticing that change in the redhead made them think that maybe, there really was a chance to win after all.

"You've got... to be kidding me," Kise muttered under his breath with a bewildered look on his face before following the redhead on the court.

The game continued. Ibara marked Akashi, and he noticed the change in the redhead's aura. He pressured Akashi like how he used to in the earlier part of the game, but unlike what happened earlier, she wasn't affected by the pressure anymore. She didn't even seem bothered by his defense.

Akashi moved away from him until she was outside the three point line. Out of the three times that she tried to shoot a three pointer, one ended up as an air ball while the other two just hit the ring that even ended with the other team's offensive rebound. With that in mind, Ibara didn't stay close to her but remained inside the zone area. However, when he saw Akashi's triumphant smile, it made him consider sticking close to her if she'll ever luckily hit a three pointer. He was a couple of seconds late with his decision that the ball was already at the tip of Akashi's finger when he moved closer to her.

They watched the ball travel until it went inside the ring. Ibara's team quickly scrambled back to offense and when Akashi marked Ibara, he felt chills. It was the same chills he got when he played with Akashi Seijuuro. What's with this girl?

----

To say that Akashi Seira played like Akashi Sejuuro seemed like an understatement. She wasn't playing like Akashi Seijuuro; she was playing like she was Seijuuro himself. It was as if the male redhead was there playing, only with longer hair, smaller stature and different gender(also a little slower, Nijimura noted). After their time out, Akashi obviously changed. She started getting more aggressive, her passes became more accurate and her shots started to go in. She had even started throwing dangerous passes, but always ended their offense with a basket for her team.