Chapter 28 : Ten

"I insist, Senpai, just let me, okay?"

"You don't really have to, Akashi,"

"I am not doing this because I have to, Senpai. I want to do it, that's why,"

They had been having that little argument for quite some time after their dismissal.

"Oh stop being stubborn," he sighed.

"Then stop being stubborn too,"

Akashi huffed. Nijimura groaned.

"Really, I'm telling you Akashi--"

"And I'm telling you to please stop protesting because I'll treat you anyway."

"Why you little-" he stopped his self from finishing his sentence when Akashi looked at him sharply.

"For someone who's treating somebody, you're rather intimidating, Akashi." he commented shoving his hands inside his pockets.

"For someone who's being treated you are rather stubborn, Nijimura-senpai," she retorted.

Akashi had declared that she would treat Nijimura, who vehemently refused her offer. Even as they walked towards a certain fastfood restaurant with a weird clown for a mascot, Nijimura still tried to talk his way out. The redhead paid his protests no mind and continued walking. Normally, she wouldn't eat in a fastfood restaurant, but she figured he would be more comfortable there rather than in a fancy one.

Nijimura frowned his upper lip moving slightly forming a small pout, unamused.

"Just let me return the favor,"

Because you're leaving? He wanted say. "Fine," he sighed yet again, this time in defeat. Why did he even think he could decline Akashi's offer?

She let a small smile grace her lips. It wasn't like she wanted to do anything special because she's certain that she will be leaving; she just wanted to treat him. That was all. She had no intentions of making more special memories with him; Akashi was perfectly aware of the kind of torture she'll face if she ever made more memories as Akashi Seira. She had been making bad decisions(she's aware), and she didn't want to continue the streak.

Maybe this should be the last one.

***

Nijimura could have sworn that Akashi surely would have bought him food that could last for three days if he hadn't stopped her from ordering much, much more than necessary. Rich people sure can be quite excessive.

"Are you sure you're okay with that?" Akashi asked from across the table.

"More than sure," he might not even be able to eat dinner at home at this rate. Three cheeseburgers, extra large fries and large iced tea(he would go for coke but Akashi refused to let him have more junk than what was already present, coke is too acidic she said) was in front of him while the redhead just had regular fries and juice.

"I thought for sure that Senpai could eat more than that," Akashi commented before eating her fries gracefully(can't she do anything without being graceful?).

"Got a problem with that?" he said but was smiling at her. Nijimura sure had a big appetite, being a basketball player, vigorous trainings and all. "I'm actually kinda surprised you're letting me eat, you know, unhealthy foods," he added shrugging.

"If you want healthy food, you should eat raw vegetables and fruits," she replied watching him take a bite of his cheeseburger. She saw him look at her curiously and just decided to elaborate her point, "Even if you eat lots of vegetables, if it's not raw then it's all pointless because it loses its nutritional once heated,"