Chapter 7 : Confession

"I like you,"

"I'm sorry," Akashi tried her best not to sound disgusted. A guy just confessed to her, and that guy was the same guy she challenged yesterday. Ibara Sato, who would've thought that just after a suffering defeat from the redhead he would confess to her the next day?

"Ah, I'm really no much for captain, huh?" he said with a sad smile scratching the back of his head.

Akashi's eyes narrowed, "What did you say?"

"Why? Do I have a chance against him after all?" he asked jokingly.

"Are you implying that I like the captain?" she asked to confirm her doubts.

"Eh? You don't have a thing for the captain?" Ibara's eyes widened.

"I'm quite sure I don't,"

"A-are you serious?!" Ibara frantically asked holding the redhead by her shoulders giving her a little shake.

"Ye--"

"You-You're not lying?!" he shook her more vigorously with his eyes lighting up in way that made the redhead uncomfortable.

"Why would I lie? Last time I checked, I'm quite sure I don't have a thing for-"

"Goodness! I'll go tell everyone that we still have a chance!" after that Ibara dashed off leaving her standing alone with her mouth slightly agape.

"What was that...?" she mumbled to herself. It was just her second day of class, and someone already confessed. Well, that escalated quickly. She heaved a sigh. This is problematic.

She went to the cafeteria to join her classmates-- Haruka, Emi and Mio. The trio didn't give any sign of leaving her alone that morning, so the redhead just thought to keep their company since they seem harmless enough. They can be loud, but at least they're nice.

"How did it go?" Mio excitedly asked as Akashi reached their table.

"Rejected," Akashi simply replied as she sat beside Haruka. She was actually in the middle of eating her food when she remembered the accursed piece of paper. It wasn't until she saw Ibara at the corner of her eyes when she excused herself to deal with that guy.

"Eh? So Ibara-kun didn't pass the standards?" Emi asked.

"He... He can be immature to an annoying extent," Akashi replied as she recounted her match against him.

"I heard you crushed him in basketball," Haruka commented, "You must be really good then,"

"I heard that too! Almost everyone's talking about it!" Mio said with a wide grin plastered on her face. "I heard that you literally crushed him with your basketball prowess."

"It wasn't even a one-on-one; I may have lost if it was," not. Izumi had imprinted it on her mind to keep a humble front or else she'll have more unwanted enemies.

"It was a 5v5 right? And Kise-sama was on your team, right? Ah~ I'm so jealous~!" Mio squealed. The girl then went to her own fangirling world.

"Hey, calm down," Emi patted Mio's back. "Please excuse this girl, she's Kise's fangirl through and through."

"Oh," was the only thing that the redhead managed to say.

"But she fangirls for almost the whole team," Haruka sighed.

"Hey! I don't go crazy for the whole team!" Mio protested.

"Oh, she came back to us," Emi gasped.

"Akashi," they all looked at Nijimura who was eating a sandwich. Their table went surprisingly silent as they stared at the captain of the basketball team. "Can you do a draft for the line-up, then just give it to me later?"