Chapter 2: She's Familiar

It's just another normal morning in Teikou Middle School when a new female student entered the school gates who drew almost everyone's attention...well maybe it's not a normal day after all. She looked utterly beautiful...pinkish white flawless skin, long silky red hair which almost reached her waist, long eyelashes, and bright red eyes that matched her hair.

    She stood in elegance. She walked with confidence. Talk to her? Nobody dared to. She seemed distant. She walked with authority that nobody dared to stand on her way nor walk beside her. She's like an empress.

    Then finally, she saw him. Nijimura Shuzo, the captain of the Teikou Basketball Club. She tried to call out but hesitated. She needed to talk to him...but will he listen? Yes, he will, she thought to herself. The captain is kind and caring...despite his rough attitude and sometimes violent ways... he's  reliable, there's no doubt about that.

She decided to talk to him after all and called his name before he disappears from her sight. "Nijimura-san", she called his name. He didn't look back. Her voice was too soft to reach his ears.

"Nijimura-san", she called his name again this time lightly grasping the hem of his uniform in her fingertips. This made Nijimura look back just to get surprised to see a beautiful stranger holding the hem of his sleeve.

"May I speak with you?", she asked politely.

"Whoa, Shuzo! Never knew you know such a cute girl!" Kazuki, one of his friends exclaimed.

I don't even know her! Is what he'd like to say but that would be quite rude to the girl. And what really stopped him from saying that is because the redhead felt familiar to him... he felt like he knows her yet he was pretty sure that they haven't met each other before. There's no way he'll forget about meeting such a girl. She's next to perfection. He's confident he doesn't know her, unless his memory is betraying him, that is.

"Nijimura-san, privately...please?" she asked once again this time lightly tightening her grip on his uniform. It made Nijimura gulp. It's not like it's the first time a girl wanted to talk to him...but this redhead simply felt different. She made him feel nervous for some reason.

"Hey Shuzo, just see ya later in class and speak with her for now! And good luck!" his friend said while smirking.

"Shut up!" Nijimura scowled then they left them.

"Well, sorry about tha-"

"Let's go", she cut him off and started dragging him. He didn't fight back. He just let this girl lead him to wherever she wanted to go. They reached the back of the building and she finally let go of Nijimura's uniform.

"Nijimura-san", she called him drawing all his attention to her. The way his name escaped her lips felt familiar to him like someone called him the way she does. The way she speaks also felt so familiar to him and even the way her red orbs stared back at his gray ones. Everything about her simply felt familiar.

"So uhh, what did you-",

"I'm Akashi", she cut him off.