Chapter 17 : Unwise

Nijicchi's Nonsense: And this was supposed to be just for fun .-. Well, at least there's more NijiAka in this chapter now...

Enjoy reading~!

-----

"Sei, your fever's not going down," Izumi said with a thermometer in hand.

Akashi laid still under her covers but made sure that her mouth was not covered or else she'd feel her hot breath against her face. She already had layers of cloth covering her but she still thought that the room was still too cold. She has a slight migraine and she feels really terrible. So terrible she wanted to stop putting it into words.

"Do you want to see Nijimura-kun?" Izumi asked smiling a little.

"No," Akashi quickly replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Who knows? There's a chance,"

"Not this time."

"It would be nice if someone would visit you, no?"

"I'd rather not have one... Please just let me rest for now Izumi-san," she breathed deeply then closed her eyes. Izumi smiled fondly at the redhead before leaving her to rest.

-----

"You look so gloomy Nijimura-kun," Kurokami commented sitting on the chair in front of him.

He rested his chin on his palm and looked at Kurokami with a bored expression, "Thanks a lot," he said with mild sarcasm. He didn't even have enough energy to make a full sarcastic remark.

"It's been three days. Your princess is still absent, isn't she?"

"Yeah--wait princess?"

Kurokami rolled her eyes,"Akashi Seira. Isn't she like a princess to you? After all you're doing for her?"

"What's wrong with a senpai being nice to his kohai?" he countered leaning against his chair and crossing his arms.

"Stop playing dumb, that's not just being 'nice', I know you know that," she said slamming a fist at his desk. He was slightly startled with her actions but his surprise was immediately replaced with amusement.

"Are you joining the 'get-together-already' club?" he asked recounting Mio's line.

People had been pushing him to the redhead; he's not dense enough not to notice that. He's just being stubborn because that's precisely what a certain brunette wanted. He had just initially thought of opposing what she wanted because it seemed so wrong. He never gave that revelation enough thought, but now that he did, he wasn't so sure what to do anymore. He had been too preoccupied with Akashi that he almost forgot about that conversation with Izumi. I can't believe myself.

"The what?" Kurokami raised an eyebrow.

"Though you're an unexpected member because if my memory serves me right, you confronted Ak--"

"Shut up! This is about you, not me!" she cut him off blushing furiously grabbing him by his tie. Her voice came out louder than what she intended that their classmates all had stopped to look at them. A chorus of 'oooh's and 'aaah's resounded in the classroom. She quickly let go of his tie and glared at their classmates. "It's not like that at all!"

"Defensive much?" one asked teasingly. Kurokami's face just flushed even more with the unwanted attention.

"Hey watch your words, I don't want anymore rumors going on about me," he told Kurokami smirking. He yawned geuinely. Again, he was too busy thinking about a certain someone that he ended up staying up late. He stayed up late wondering if he'll finally see her again the next day. He shouldn't have been too much of an optimist...