Chapter 32: Her

The moment Asher left the apartment to go grocery shopping, my fake smile instantly dropped.

"What a dick," I muttered under my breath.

I had only been living here for two weeks and I was already fed up with Asher. He was the most clingy person I had ever come across. I could barely go to the bathroom without having him ask where I was going. All he wanted to do was hold me and watch ridiculous rom-coms. I couldn't take it anymore. And I swear, if he shouted the phrase, "Honey, I'm home," one more fucking time, I was going to rip my hair out.

These past two weeks have been hell, but they have given me a chance to really ponder what happened between Kian and I. It was such a stupid argument that we had. That bet was a while ago and I mean... him and I have already had sex like four times. Obviously if that bet meant anything to him, he would've cut things off with me much earlier. He most definitely wouldn't have dealt with my petty problems and tried so hard to fight for me if he didn't care. I was such an idiot for over reacting the way I did. Even though I was "engaged" to Asher, I needed to see Kian. I couldn't resist him for any longer. Kian was the only one I wanted.

I wanted nothing to do with Asher, but I had to do whatever it took to keep my parents' shitty reputation.  Now that I really thought about it, however, being engaged to Asher was more trouble than it was really worth. I was going to stay with him for as long as I could, but it most definitely wouldn't be forever.

Now that Asher was finally gone, that gave me the perfect opportunity to get the hell out of here to pay Kian a quick visit. Once I was positive that Asher was out of the building, I grabbed my key ring and bolted out the door, locking it behind me.

Once outside, I ran straight to my car. Opening the door, I hopped in the car as quickly as I could and started it. Within minutes, I was almost at Kian's. I smoothly pulled into his driveway and ran to his front door.

I felt so clingy. I always somehow made my way back to him and could never leave the poor guy alone. Sucks for him.

I knocked on the door and waited impatiently for the door to open. Within seconds, the door swung open and I was greeted by Jc. His eyes instantly widened when he saw that it was me. Jc was about to say something, but I gave him an annoyed look, causing him to move over to let me in. He knew exactly why I was here. As I was walking toward Kian's room, I was stopped by Brooke shrieking my name.

"Avalon! You're here!" she exclaimed, whilst trying to hug me.

"No shit," I retorted, not hugging her back. A few seconds passed and she still had a firm grip around me. "Can you let me go? I'm not here for you."

She sighed and did as I asked. I began smoothing out my clothes; they were wrinkled as a result of Brooke hugging me like a crazy person.

"Sorry," she told me. "Maybe we can talk later?"

I sighed impatiently. "I don't know, Brooke."

Not taking the conversation any further, I darted straight to Kian's room. I thought about knocking, but decided against it. I slowly and apprehensively opened the door, the hinges creaking softly.

Kian was lying face down on his bed, his face buried in his pillow. He seemed so peaceful, yet so somber.

"Go away, Jc," he whined, "or Brooke or whoever the fuck you are."

I bit and lip and took in a sharp breath. Maybe coming here was a mistake, but it was too late now. I slowly stepped into his room and shut the door softly behind me. Unsure of how to make my presence known, I gently sat down on the edge of his bed.