Chapter 20: Him

Jc pulled me in for a quick hug before offering his advice to me.

"Who cares? She's just some girl. And you? You're Kian Lawley, remember? You could have almost any girl you want... one who would actually give a damn about you! Don't settle for someone who treats you this way."

I really thought about what Jc said. Honestly, he was right. Moving on was a great idea. Pining over someone who really didn't treat me all that great was pathetic.

~*~

Those words that Jc said to me were ringing in my head over and over again. He was right. There was no point in being in love with someone who didn't care the slightest about me. I pulled out my phone and went through my contacts. I stopped once I saw her name... Nina. She was this girl that I used to hook up with all the time... before I became crazy about Avalon.

'Maybe I should give her a call?' I thought to myself.

Before I could stop myself, I was dialing her number and the phone was pressed to my ear. She picked up almost instantly and seemed very pleased that I was calling her.

About an hour later, her and I were on my bed making out. She sat comfortably on my lap. Sadly, kissing her was absolutely nothing compared to kissing Avalon.

No matter what I did, my thoughts still found their way back to Avalon. I could not get that girl out of my head for the life of me. Here I was, sitting in my room, making out with a pretty girl and all I could think about was Avalon.

I wondered what she was doing at this exact moment. I wondered if she was thinking about me at all. I wondered if she ever even thought about me. I was so pathetic.

Suddenly, startling me, I heard a small gasp. I quickly broke the kiss, only to look up to see Avalon standing in the doorway. She stood there, staring at me with a shocked expression on her face.

"A-Avalon?" I stammered.

She quickly bolted out of the room the moment those words left my lips. I may have been hallucinating, but I was almost certain that I saw a tear fall down her cheek. Part of me hoped that she wasn't crying, but the other part of me silently hoped that she was. I mean, seeing her cry obviously sucked, but it meant that she cared about me at least somewhat, right?

I quickly buried my face in my hands, pondering exactly what had just happened. I was so confused. After about a minute or two, I finally looked up.

"What the hell was that about?" Nina snarled.

I shrugged. "I honestly don't know."

Her expression softened.

"You're in love with her aren't you?"

I sighed and nodded. "Something like that."

"It's so obvious. And it's also pretty obvious that she loves you too."

"No she doesn't," I replied. "She couldn't care less about me."

"You're delusional."

"I think you should go," I told her.

She rolled her eyes and stood up to leave. Before she walked out of the door, she turned around and said, "You know, you've changed a lot. The old Kian would've never fallen in love like that."

I sighed. "Things are different now."

The moment Nina left, I quickly jumped up and grabbed my shoes. Hopefully clearing things up with Avalon wouldn't be too difficult. I grabbed my phone to call her. I sighed impatiently when she didn't answer.

I quickly ran out of the front door and across the street to Avalon's house. I rang the doorbell and knocked, desperately hoping she would open the door. The door opened and I was getting my hopes up. When Avalon's mom opened the door, I felt slightly disappointed.

"Kian, what are you doing here?" she asked me, slightly annoyed.

"Is Avalon around?"

"No, she went out a while ago. She seemed pretty distraught."

"Oh," I muttered in response. "Do you know where she is?"

"No, I don't. And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you. You already know that you're not welcome around my daughter."

"Whatever," I muttered and quickly walked off the porch.

I began to walk in the direction of the park. If she wasn't home, then I was almost certain that she'd be there. Even if I did find Avalon, though, that didn't mean that she would forgive me.

I was so stupid. The fact that I used a girl to try to make myself feel better about Avalon was such a stupid idea.

Then again, I should be the one to forgive her, considering she's the one who used me. We wouldn't have even been in this situation if it wasn't for her being so damn stubborn. Unrequited love was one of the worst feelings in existence.

Once I made it to the park, it was completely empty. There was not a person in sight. The swing creaked quietly as it swung gently in the wind. I walked over to the swing and sat down.

I pulled out my phone and called the one person who she would most likely be with.

"Hello?" Brooke's peppy voice rang through the phone.

"Hey, Brooke. It's Kian."

"Hey, what's up?"

I hesitated before speaking. "Is Avalon with you? I... I just really need to see her," I admitted, defeated.

"Oh no she isn't, sorry!" she apologized. "Her and I aren't exactly on speaking terms right now."

"Oh, what happened?"

"It's a long story. Anyway, I don't really understand why you want to see her so badly. Don't even waste your time. Avalon doesn't give a damn about you. You deserve so much better."

Ouch! Coming from her best friend, that really stung. The fact that Brooke just said that to me, most likely meant that Avalon said something like that to her.

"I, uh... gotta go."

I quickly hung up the phone and buried my face in my hands again. I was so lovesick, it was ridiculous.

One thing remained on my mind the rest of that day... where was Avalon?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter coming soon!