Chapter One - 6 Years Later

Chapter One-6 years later

I sit in my car like every morning as I watch him lead the two girls that hold his hands into their school. Both girls carry bags on their shoulders and are dressed to perfection, their hair neat and beautifully styled also.

I smile. I only have one person to thank for that; Gabriel.

As I sit in the black four by four, my window rolled down and my sunglasses on my face, I wonder for a moment what it would be like to see them again, properly anyway. I want to be able to feel their arms around me, their lips against mine and their bodies pressing into my own. Watching from a distance is tiring now and I long to be just back in their arms where I belong.

I sit up straight in my seat as Silas leaves the school and heads for his car. Nothing has changed about him over the last six years apart from the fact he gives of more a manly aura then a teenage boy one. I mean, Silas was always able to get away with looking older but now he is older and he's aged six years well; not like that makes him old for goodness sakes, he's only twenty five.

Before getting in his car, Silas stops and starts looking around and I know this is my time to go. I've got used to the routine since Peyton and Rylie started school. I know the moment that they start searching the street where the school is that it's my time to leave. They know someone is watching them, always me, but I can never risk getting caught. If I do, then the past six years were for nothing.

I roll my window up and start my car, pulling out of my parking spot and speeding of down the road. I look into my middle mirror to see Silas watching me drive away. Even if he did see me, from a distance, he wouldn't recognise me. The dark brown wig on my head helps me hide who i am, and the sunglasses. And besides, even if he did see me he would think he was looking at a ghost.

My phone rings and I answer it, not looking to see who's calling, I already know. "What?"

A dark chuckle comes down the phone. Six years ago it, it scared the crap out of me. Now it only makes me angry. "No need to talk to me like that now, is there?"

Jason Storm. I hate this man. He threatened to kill my family if I didn't step up and take on the responsibility of paying of my fathers debt. He thinks he's my hell, only, he's not. I walked straight into hell the moment I walked away from the people that matter most to me. Hell is the job I do daily.

I grunt. "Whatever." I turn on my indicators at the junction and turn left. "What is it you wanted?" I ask.

"Have you been to the school again, Sang?" He asks, and I can hear the amusement in his voice. He gets a kick out of knowing that long to be with my family, wishing everyday that I could hold my girls and take them to school, teach them to speak and simply just be with them.

"You said as long as I don't make contact, I can do as I please, so I do." He did say this. When he found out the first time I watched my family from a far, he got me brought into his office and threatened that if I made any physical contact he wouldn't hesitate putting a bullet between their eyes, lifting and loading his gun as he said. I'd love to put a bullet between his eyes.

He chuckles. "Come to my office once you've done what I need you too. There's something we has to discuss. I'll also be calling in your brothers."

My brothers. Like myself, Jason has a hold over them. I didn't even know I had brothers until I stepped foot into his office for the first time and that way the day of the funeral six years ago. My father hated that I found out so soon but I had great joy when I told my brothers that he raped my real mother and stole me from her, only to die a few weeks later. My brothers beat the crap out him. It was later that I was told that my Mom was in fact their Aunt.