Chapter Ten - My Very Own Doctor

•Sang•

North left me alone to finish showering after he told me he loved me. After washing my hair and washing my body once more, I got out and wrapped a towel around my body and now I sit on my bed, staring at the photo on the bedside table.

It's on of all of us, a couple of months before I found out I was pregnant with the twins. We had been to a theme park and at the end of the day Gabriel asked a happily married couple if they could take a photo of us. I had surprised Owen and jumped on his back, wrapping my legs around his front. Gabriel and Luke saw what I did and they quickly jumped on North and Silas' back. Victor, Nathan, Sean and Kota grinned for the photo. It was a perfect day, one full of laughter and smiles.

I'm startled when there is a knock at the door. I turn my gaze to it just as it opens and Sean walks in. "Hey." I whisper.

He places the green bag he was carrying down onto the floor, closing the door softly behind him. "North asked if I could come and have a look at...your cuts." He says lowly.

"Okay." I say with a nod of my head. I'm not going to argue with him about this. He wants to look after me and I'm going to let him. "Where do you want me?" I ask, my voice soft.

"Lay down on your bed and I'll have a look at it, make sure you don't need stitches." I nod and lay back on the bed. Sean picks up his bag and places it at his feet before sitting down at my hip. His eyes meet mine and I can tell he wants to say something by the way he's lightly sucking on his lower lip.

"Just say it, Sean."

He shakes his head and starts rummaging around in his bag. "I don't know where to start." He starts pulling on some gloves. "We sent the girls to Uncle for the weekend. He was happy to have them, pissed when he found out what you'd done though."

I lick my dry lips. "I have no choice." I need them to understand this. "If I hadn't, none of you would be breathing and I'd be left with nothing."

"You missed on so much with the girls." His tear filled eyes meet mine. "You missed so many firsts with them."

I shake my head, sitting up. "I didn't. I was always watching, hiding in the shadows."

"Really?" He asks, the shock obvious on his face.

"Really." I confirm. "If I wasn't doing whatever Jason wanted me to, then I was watching you, all of you." I look down at the towel and start pulling on a lose thread. "I'd sit outside the house, follow you anywhere you went. When you went to the carnival at the beginning of the year, I was there. I was watching your smiles, listening to your laughter and banter. I was never to far away." I shake my head. "Now I sound like a stalker."

"You was so close, yet so far away." He whispers, his latex covered hand coming to lay over mine. "Please don't leave."

I look up and meet his pretty green eyes. "I can't say I won't leave, but I won't promise I'll stay either. I can't." The truth is always best so the truth he got.

He looks into my eyes for a long time and I let him. I let him see how hurt I am, how damaged I am also. But I also let him see the love I have for him, I let him see how much I want to stay but yet can't. I let him see my determination to always protect them. "I have to protect what's mine." I tell him after a moment.

"And you are ours, Sang. Let us protect you." I reach up and swipe away the tear that falls from him eye and trails down his cheek.

"But I'm one person. There's eleven of you including the twins. If anything happened to any of you, I might as well just be dead. I wouldn't ever be able to survive without you." I tell him this and then I'm laying back down on the bed. I don't want to see the hurt in his eyes, eyes that always used to show his playful, flirty side.

He says nothing more and I turn my head to the side so I don't need to see his face when he opens my towel. It loosens a moment later and then the cool air is touching my skin. He gasps. "Oh, Pookie."

"Don't. Please." I turn my head and look at him. "Don't feel sorry for me."

His eyes trail over the scars. He swallows hard. "I know what they mean."

I give him a tight lipped smile. "And I'm not surprised my brothers can't keep quiet."

"What did he use?" He starts cleaning it and I clench my teeth together when the antiseptic stings the cuts.

"A knife. My knife. So it was clean." I tell him, watching his hand move.

He nods his head. "You don't need stitches, which is a good thing. It's not deep but it's enough that it will scar." He chucks the cotton wool into the bin and then finds a packet, opening it to removing the dressing. "I'll give you some antibiotics, incase of infection. I'll also change the dressing for you three times a day." He tapes the dressing on and removes his gloves. He rests his elbows on his knees and looks at the floor. "I hate how you have a constant reminder."

I wrap the towel around me and sit up. I take him hand in my own, lifting it to my lips and placing a kiss on the back of his hand. "I hate it too, but one day, I will be better. I won't be the damaged girl I am now, my mind won't be as dark as it is at the moment. One day I'll be able to look at my scars and say 'I'm strong, I got through it'. I won't look at them as a reminder because I was raped. I'll look at them as a reminder for all I did to protect the ones I love." My gaze meets his and Sean brings his head forward so his forehead meets mine.

"I love you. Haven't stopped loving you."

"Good, because I didn't stop loving you either." I smile at him.

His lips press onto mine for a brief kiss but before I can even deepen it he pulls away and stands. "Get dressed. Luke is cooking some food." 

I nod and watch as he picks up his stuff and silently leaves the room. I know what I'm going to; I'm going to listen to what they have to say and then I'm going. I have no choice. I also have a fight to loose in four hours.