Chapter TwentySeven - Home Is Where The Heart Is

•Sang•

My heart is beating like a tattoo in my chest, I'm fidgeting in my seat and my fingers keep coming up nervously to my lips, pressing the flesh into my teeth. Sweat is beading on my forehead and I try to ignore the shaking of my hands but it's impossible. My stomach is also flipping and twisting, making nausea known.

The closer Logan gets to the house, the more my nerves start getting the better of me. I close my eyes and rest my head back on the head rest, inhaling and slow deep breath before slowly exhaling it. A large warm hand coming on my knee startles me and I look over at Logan. "Calm down, please. Everything will be fine."

"I hope so," I murmur, looking back out of the window. I shift in my seat again. "How's Lewis and Adam?" I ask, trying to find conversation to take my mind of what's about to happen. I have no idea how the girls will react and it's making me nervous and scared. I lied to my daughters in the worst possible way.

"Adam has been seeing some girl he met at the bar he works at. She's twenty-nine, with a kid, I think he's the same age of the twins actually." I haven't spoke to Adam for a while and knowing he's met someone makes me smile. He deserves some happiness; they all do.

"And Lewis?" I question.

"He's good. Lewis got that job he applied for at the shooting range in town. Starts at nine in the morning and finishes at five, every other weekend off." Elliot says, leaning forward in the backseat.

"How about Cammie?" I ask, looking over at my two brothers.

"Cammie has applied to go to the community college, but in the meantime she's looking for a job. Said she needs something to do while Lewis is at work." I smile. I've always known that Cammie wants to go to college so she could become a social worker. I hope she gets in.

"How about the both of you? Met anyone?" I question.

Elliot and Logan share a look. "What?" I ask.

Elliot sighs and looks to me. "Kota has a sister right, Jessica?" I nod my head. She would be twenty one now and I wonder what she's been up to. "Well, I've took her out on a few dates." My mouth drops open.

"Does Kota know?"

He nods his head. "Yeah he does. He was there the first time me and Jessica met. She has just finished her senior year at College and has come home to get a job, hopefully as a teacher at the twins school. She's living back with her Mom, across the street from Lewis."

"What did Kota say?"

"That if I hurt her he won't hesitate to hurt me." He meets my eyes. "I didn't just get that from him though, I got it from Nathan and then the rest of them."

I grin, laughing at my brother. "I'm adding to that aswell. Jessica is a good girl and I know your a great guy, but the Lee family went through some things when Kota and Jess were young. Men are hard to trust when it comes to Erica and Jess."

Elliot nods his head. "I won't hurt her, I like her." I smile at him. They all deserve happiness and I love that they are getting the lives they have always dreamed of having.

"Logan, what about you?"

He glances at me, a smile tickling his lips. I raise an eyebrow. "Yeah, there's someone. But it's new, so I'm keeping my mouth shut right now."

"So by the sounds of it your all tired of the hookups and deciding to settle down?" I ask, looking back out the window.

"We've never really had a chance to meet anyone and make it serious. Hookups were exactly that; fuck em and leave em." Logan says, indicating to turn down the street where my boys and girls are.

They say home is where the heart is and its with them; wherever they are then I'm home.

"I'm happy that your happy." I whisper.

"And we'll be happy the moment you walk through those doors and be with your family." Elliot says. "We love you Sang."

Never in six years have we really shared the love we have for each other; it was always 'Yeah, your my brother and I'm your sister' kinda thing. Sure we shared that brother sister bond but we never voiced the brother sister feelings we had. "I love you too." I whisper, sending him a smile.

Logan stops at the gates and types in the code. The gates start to open and my breathing starts getting heavy and my heartbeat has completely lost its rhythm.

Logan drives through the gates and parks his car at the end of the long row. When he turns of the engine they both look at me. "Ready?"

I don't say anything. Instead, with a shaky hand, I open the door and climb out of the car, closing the door behind me. I walk round until I'm at the back of the car, looking up just as the front door opens.

I freeze, my eyes stinging when I see two small blonde girls come outside. They're both wearing the same dress; a light blue one with sleeves to their elbows and a white belt around their waist. Peyton's hair is in a side pony tail while Rylie's is in a bun. The girls stare at me and I look back, my whole body trembling with nerves.

Then smiles break out across their beautiful faces and they start running towards me. I drop down onto my knees, the gravel biting into my skin through my jeans but that pain is nothing, forgotten, the moment my girls run their bodies into mine. My arms go around them as two sets of arms wrap around me. I sob, the tears streaming down my face. I squeeze my eyes close and press my face into their shoulders as I hold on for dear life.

"Welcome home, Mommy." Rylie cries in my ear.

"I've missed you both so much." I choke out. I lift my head and open my eyes, looking to the door where all of my boys stand. Tears are coming from their own eyes and Luke has his phone out, aiming it right at us.

I move my head back as do the girls and my eyes dance from one to another, taking in everything about them; their eyes, their noses, the small amount of freckles that dot each of their noses and the little dip they have on their top lip.

Their eyes are taking me in as well, dancing from my eyes to my nose and then to my lips. "Your so pretty, just like the photos." Peyton says.

The gravel crunching under shoes has me looking up. They're all walking towards us but it's North that doesn't stop until he's crouching down. The girls turn their bodies in my arms so they're looking at him. Rylie's eyes are so much like his only hers a dark and happy while North's can be dark and scary. "Welcome home, Baby." He murmurs.

"Their perfect, so perfect." I whisper, the girls turning their heads to look at me.

"We make cute babies, Baby. Of course they're perfect." He winks and I smile, shaking my head. Even though the twins were such a completed surprise and accident, I've never known a love so strong. North blamed himself when we found out I was pregnant; kept saying he should have been more responsible but the truth it, it was my own fault. I had been ill in bed for a week, common cold and flu, and I forgot to take my pill. Accidents happen.

The girls are a perfect accident though.

North holds his arms out. "Come here so Mommy can say hello to your dads." Both the girls look at me for a long moment. "Don't worry, Mommy isn't going anywhere. I won't let her." They nod and then go into Norths arms. He scoops them up and stands.

When he moves, Victor is in his place, holding his hand out to me. I take it and let him pull me up and straight into his arms. One by one, my boys greet me with hugs, kisses and words; the whole time I'm crying and the girls watch me interacting with their Daddy's. Grins are plastered on their faces and its then I knew that I did the right thing.

If I hadn't have done what I did, then my girls wouldn't be smiling. North wouldn't be holding them both in his arms and I wouldn't be kissing my boys and telling them I love them.

I would do it all over again if I knew that the ones who I love forever stay okay.

It wasn't ever a mistake.

Protecting what's mine will never, ever be a mistake.

So, who wants an epilogue?