Chapter Sixteen - All In Or All Out?

•Sang•

The fighting arena is below the bar that I had come to earlier today to confront Jason. It's invitation only, unless your a guest of a member who has an active card. That's how the girls will be getting my boys in later. Actually, looking at the time, in the next half an hour.

The fights start at eleven and last a half hour. If someone hasn't tapped out or won within that half an hour, you get a rematch the following week. If you win, you go higher on the bored. If you lose, you go down. I'm at the top of the bored, my brothers just bellow me.

We never know who were fighting until that night. As the highest ranking female, Jason thinks I can take on the guys so I can expect either a male or female fighter with me in the ring.

I shake away my thoughts. I'm in the locker room stretching out my muscles. My hair is loose and around my shoulders and back. It's not often I tie it back; both female and males get a kick out of it and think it's funny to pull on it. I welcome the pain though. I'm dressed in a sports bra, a black one, and a pair of black and white shorts. My feet are bare and my hands have tape wrapped around them to help protect my muscles.

I hear the cheer outside and look down to the floor. The fight is over and I can't imagine what my brother will look like when he comes back in here. They've all thrown their fights so far, like Jason wanted. Elliot has a broken nose. Logan dislocated his shoulder and Lewis is coughing up blood in the bathroom. I've never seen my brothers look so weak and I hate it.

I look up when the door opens. The ref and announcer are carrying Adam into the locker room. His face is black and blue; a cut on lip, his nose bleeding and a gash on his eyebrow. They sit him on the bench and I get the first aid kit out, handing it to him. Adam will clean himself up, just like Lewis did. Elliot and Logan made me clean them up because secretly they're big softies.

"They're here." Adam mumbles. And I nod my head. "They're in the seats where the girls normally sit with clients and there's a couple in the corner, North and Victor I think. They look different."

I nod my head and start stretching my neck. I can feel the calm of the audience outside. They're waiting the ten minutes for the next fight. In that time drinks will be served and cash will be flashed.

I startle when the door opens and it's the ref. He's an older man, about fifty with greying hair and a bald patch but his brown eyes are kind and inviting. He hates it when I fight. He's said so since the moment I stepped foot into my first. "Ready?"

"Yeah." I tell him. He nods and waves a hand to the announcer that's out on the main floor. There's a clear view from where he sits in his big chair with his microphone to where the door is to the locker room.

"Good Luck, Sis." Adam winks at me. Well tries too anyway. "Fuck, I'm getting to old for this shit."

"Hopefully, you won't have to do it again." I say, just as the ref pushes the door open. I give Adam a long look before following the ref out.

"And here she is ladies and gentleman. Get that cash out of your wallets and place your bet in the next two minutes. Warrior is here to win." The announcer says and then 'Warrior' is getting cheered around the whole underground building.

The crowd parts for me and my eyes dart around. Most faces I recognise, some I don't. The ref waves his hands towards the steps that go up into the ring and I climb them. Once I'm up here, everyone will be able to see me and I'll be able to see them.

I go up the metal steps and walk along the outside of the square fight ring, pushing down the middle rope and climbing over it. I flip my hair so it hangs only down my back as I straighten up and I start taking in the arena.