Chapter Four - Shattered Hearts

Chapter Four -
•Owen•

"If you know what's good for you, you'll back off and stay away, protect each other and those girls of yours." How the hell does he know about the twins? But then, if Sang's father is their father, then he would have told them about Peyton and Rylie.

I watch as three of the guys climb into the back of the jeep. The one that did all the talking opens the passenger door and looks in for a long moment. The light inside the jeep lights up the space and I see the driver look at him before looking at us, quickly looking away and revving away at the engine. The guy looks back at us and says, "Trust me." Before jumping in the jeep, not even getting the door closed before the driver zooms off. It's then I remember we didn't get their names.

I look to Corey and Victor. "Find me Mr. Sorenson. Right. Now." I seethe. Both boys are quickly running up the drive and through the front door. I look to Raven who holds Kayli around her shoulders. "Do you know their names?"

"One is named Lewis, but I don't know about the others." Raven says, pulling Kayli closer to him.

"I'm about to find out." I walk away from my brothers and the Toma team and up the drive. Anger is flowing through my veins and I know where I need to be right now to calm myself down.

Walking through the front door, I go straight for the stairs, my feet stamping on the stained wood. I come to a stop at the first door on the left hand side of the hallway, looking in at the two beauties that lay in their beds. Peyton is cuddling her favourite blanket and Rylie's fist is closed around the bracelet that was Sang's, the one we brought for her eighteenth birthday. It has symbols of us all on it, representing us all as a unit, a family and a whole. It's something that represents our love for our one and only.

Closing the door gently, I walk towards the last room on the right. I've stood here many times over the last six years but can never bring myself to open the door. I don't know if my brothers have been in here since Sang died but it wouldn't surprise me if they have. Whenever I've wanted to feel close to Sang, I've just only ever stood at this door, never opening it but only staring at the oak wood.

I wrap my hand around the handle, twist and push the door open. The first thing that hits me is Sang's perfume and I inhale deeply, closing my eyes for just a moment as I savour it. Walking into the room, I take in the light pink walls, the queen size bed with two bedside tables either side. Her curtains are open, the full moon shining through the window and lighting up the dark space lovely.

This room is left exactly how she last used it. The pyjama's she wore the night before she died lay on her bed and I gave over to them, sitting down as I scoop up her t-shirt and bringing it to my nose, burying my face in the soft cotton.

"Owen?" Sean's voice calls for me and I listen as his footsteps come to a stop at the door. He inhales deeply before letting out a slow exhale and stepping into the room.

"She never mentioned having brothers." I say, dropping my arms but still holding the piece of cotton in my hands, looking down at the pink and white fabric.

"She probably didn't know." Sean says. His eyes look around the room. "Haven't been in here since the day of her funeral." He whispers. "I've always wanted too, but could never bring myself to do so." His eyes focus back on me. "What are we going to do Owen?"

I stand up and look at him, laying the fabric back where it was as I do. "I'm going to kill Paul Sorenson and then I'm going to Jason Storm down and put him exactly where he should be, six feet fucking under."

"I'm glad we're on the same page." His eyes look at me, determined and angry. You never see his happy mischievous self no more, unless he's with the girls. "Never heard something like that come pass your lips though." He smirks at me as I shake my head.

------------------------------------------

•Raven•

I watch as the guys turn and walk back up the drive way after Owen, no doubt to talk to him. I also know that we all need to sit down and talk about what we're going to do next. I know Sang sent her brothers, I'm not stupid. I also know that it was Sang in the drivers seat.

My own brothers head on in the house and Kayli goes to follow but I tighten my grip on her, not wanting her to go anywhere just yet. I look down at her the same time she looks up at me. "What's wrong?" She asks.

"Sang's alive." I say lowly and I wonder if she heard me but know she did the moment she starts shaking her head.

"Raven, Sang's dead."

"Look at me Kayli." She does, her pretty eyes stare at me; wide and confused, scared even. She's not scared of me, that I know, she's scared of the words that I'm about to let pass my lips again. "Sang is alive."

Her eyes move across my face and she starts blinking rapidly. When a tear falls, I know it's because she's seen the truth on face and in my eyes. "What? How? Why?" She cries in a whisper, looking back at the house for a moment before looking back to me. Her legs buckle As she fighters her emotions and I wrap my arms around her waist and scoop her up, her legs going to my hips. I turn and press her up against the wall, ignoring that my cock is getting hard as her body presses against mine. I'll fix that problem later, before I leave to go back to the club.

I whisper in her ear what Sang told me, her grip in my hair, on my shoulders and around my hips getting tighter and tighter the further I go along. Tears leak from her eyes and I wipe them away every time one falls. When I'm done, I look into her heartbroken eyes. "You have to tell them, baby." She whispers, putting her hand to my cheeks. "Ignore that stupid promise and tell them."

"They won't be believe me, little thief." I tell her. "Six years later they're still in denial. Sometimes I catch them talking about her as if she was still here with them."

"I'll tell them then. We can't just not say anything." She throws her head back and my eyes jump down to her long pretty neck. Bloody beautiful she is. "North and Silas need to be prepared to see her on Friday, especially if she's going to be the main event when it comes to the fight." Her hand grips my hair, and I groan at the pressure as she moves my eyes to look at her. So fucking good.

"I'm not telling them and neither are you." I tell her sternly. "This is something they need to figure out themselves."

"God Raven." She shakes her head before putting her forehead on my shoulder. "What the hell is going on?" I don't answer because I don't know how to.

------------------------------------------

•Sang•

I close the door to my apartment. Looking at the clock on the wall I take note that it's almost four am. I hate doing last minutes deals and that's exactly what we did tonight, which is why I had to get my brothers so soon after dropping them off. I'm just glad that they got the message across to my boys.

I walk to the bathroom, stripping of my clothes as I go, ignoring the cool air as it hits my skin. I turn the shower on and don't even wait for it to warm up before stepping under the spray.

The cold water splashes across my skin as I stare at the tiled walls, my eyes stinging with tears. Seeing them so close, just a few feet away has seriously messed with my head. I could have just got out the car and told them, showed them that I'm alive and that I'm breathing. But then, I remember what I've gone through over the last six years. They wouldn't me back, I'm more broken now then what I was when they first came into my life nine years ago.

I've been raped and I've been a punching bag. I have scars, ugly scars and my nightmares as so much worse now. I've been tortured and I've had my head messed with.

I'm nowhere near close to what I used to me. The boys wouldn't recognise me and I wouldn't even think about tainting the girls with my dark self.

Feeling the tears finally fall and my already shattered heart shatter even more, I slide down the tiled wall and land on my butt, wrapping my arms around my raised knees and burying my head into them. The now warm water continues to fall down onto me as i cry.