2nd date

Taylor's POV

"I tried to bring it up. He ended up having a panic attack or something when I said I needed to talk to him so I just dropped it. I also kinda gave him a promise ring." I awkwardly rub the back of my neck. Lee sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"A promise ring? Really Taylor. Your solution for chickening out of asking about college was a promise ring? How is that even going to work?" Lee pesters over the Skype call.
"Fuck I don't know Lee. I just know that the thought of being away from him is a horrible one." I sigh.
"Wanna change the topic?" Lee asks and I nod.

"Did you get him anything for valentines day?" Lee asks.
"Why would I? I mean like now I think I still have time left."
"Taylor valentines day is tomorrow." Lee states and my eyes bulge from there sockets and he sighs.
"Fucking really? Damn. I have literally no idea what to get. I've gotta go." I say and he chuckles. He doesn't know the problem. It's 7pm and I have to make plans for tomorrow. I quickly text him to cover it up and act like I have a plan.

To: kyky <3

I'm taking you out tomorrow ;p

I get a response.

From: kyky <3

I actually have a surprise for you for tomorrow. Your plans are gonna have to wait ;3

Oh thank god I literally had no idea.

To: kyky <3

Fine I guess you win:p how's work?

From: kyky <3

Fucking sucks :/ come visit?

To: kyky <3

Sounds like a plan. Meet you in 10 c: we can go out for your break.

He doesn't answer after that and I just slip on my white v neck he keeps sleeping in, an unbuttoned black and white flannel, and black skinny jeans with red vans. I also grabbed my grey beanie and my keys.

I made it to the mall in record timing. It's been a few days since I gave him his ring and we both were just having some family time so I haven't really seen him.

I walk into the store, now familiar with my route. I see him in his checkered shirt and grin. I look at Dave and put a finger to my lips. He smirks and nods. I charge at him and wrap my arms around his waist, dragging him towards me as I start making my way backwards.
"I'm stealing you for a bit." I whisper into his ear and he giggles. Fuck that's still cute.
I drag him to the more secluded part of the mall with less shops and we have a seat on a bench, its hidden from view. I kiss his cheek.
"You didn't have to drag me out." He giggles.
"Yes I did. You were bored and I can't have that." I tell him. He rests his head on my shoulder.

"Oh and don't think I didn't notice you in my shirt." Kyle teases and I chuckle.
"It my shirt." I emphasize.
"You wish."
"You stole it!" I laugh.
"I don't think I did." He says with a dorky smile on his face.
"Have you eaten? We can go get food."
"I'll cook something when I get home."
"Can I stay over?" I ask.
"Of course. I was kind of expecting you too." Kyle says.
"But you have to leave in the morning." Kyle adds.
"What why?" I ask.
"So I can set up for our surprise date."
"It's a surprise?" I whine.
"Payback." He winks. I huff and he chuckles.

"So what has your brilliant mind decided on for dinner?" I ask.
"I'm thinking some macaroni." He laughs. I laugh with him.

We just stayed and talked until his break was over and I walked him back. He only had another hour left and they let me hang out in the back so I didn't just go home to come back.
"So you two heading out?" Dave asked.
"Yea. Uh, bye." Kyle said awkwardly. Ever since he found our they were related they've been weird.
"Oh come on give your uncle a hug." I tease and he slaps my arm before taking my hand. His face a burning red. I chuckle and we make it to my car. We stop at my house so I can grab some clothes before going to the orphanage.