Oh the holidays

Kyle's POV

Everything was set up. For once, I was actually excited. I knew Taylor would love my present. It was perfect, he even decided to stay the night at my house for Christmas eve.
His dad had decided to stay with Mia and her kids after I secretly told him about my present to Taylor. This is gonna be awesome.

I hear a knock at the door and run down the stairs. My baggy escape the fate shirt trailing after me. I opened the door and saw Taylor in all of his beauty. I stepped aside to let him in.
"Cold?" I asked when he blew his breath into his hands. He nods.
"Freezing." He adds. I take off his coat after watching him struggle and hang it up. He takes off his snowy boots and sets them on the mat.

"Taytay! Your here!" Jessica exclaims and runs to hug Taylor's legs. Taylor is practically part of the family now. Catherine adores him once again; thankfully, and Jess and Jack treat him like he's an older brother.
"Hey munchkin!" He greets happily. I notice multiple boxes with them.

"Are those presents?" Jessica asks, looking amazed.
"Why yes. Yes they are." He chuckles.
"Did you guys put up a Christmas tree?" He asks me. I nod.
"Beside the TV." I answer. He nods and picks up Jessica with his free hand.
"Did you decorate the tree?" She nods looking proud of herself.
"Nana even let me put the star on top!"
"Woah! That's so cool!" Taylor says.
"Could you do me the biggest favor ever? Could you put these under the tree?" He asks her, gesturing to the boxes. She nods and runs off with them. He turns and hugs me.
"Finally some time with my prince." He says and he kisses my cheek. I chuckle.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I offer. He smiles and nods.
"What movie?" Taylor asks and I shrug.
"You pick."
"It's your house."
"Your the guest." He sticks his tongue out at me childishly and I oh so maturely do the same back to him.
"Nightmare before Christmas?" He asks.
"Sounds good." I agree and we grab some blankets and cuddle up on the couch. Jessica and Jack join us; with Jessica sitting on my lap as I'm on Taylor with her upper body between us. Taylor just laughs and smiles so I hope he's not mad. Kids can be a real pain, but I can't just get rid of her.
Jack is on the old lazy boy chair typing furiously at his phone.
"Who you texting?" I ask with a playful smile.
"Karen." He answers.
"Like, the twin?" Taylor asks and Jack nods.
"She's pretty cool. Apparently they're transferring to my school in February." I look at Taylor surprised and he nods.
"My dad and I talked it over, and they're getting a house together. I get the entire basement, and my own bathroom." Taylor looks happy so so am I.
He had arrived around 5pm and it was going on 8pm now. Catherine presented us with dinner. Not your usual turkey and stuffing Christmas dinner, no we had our own tradition. Chicken Alfredo.
It was Ben's favorite.
I suddenly find interest in my shoes. Everyone can feel the slight tension. Ben's not gonna be here anymore. It's a horrible thought.

"Dinner looks amazing Catherine." Taylor says. Oh thank god he broke the silence.
"Thank you." She smiled sadly at him. He smiled back.
"Why do you all look so sad? Ben's still here. We just can't see him. Don't you guys feel it?" Taylor asks. I stare at him wide eyed. What is he doing?
"What do you mean?" Jack asks confused.
"He's right." Jessica says and points at Taylor.
"Bens still here. We haven't forgotten about him. He's just not gonna eat it all on us. We still have to go and give him his presents after anyway." Jessica says matter of factly. I'm shocked. So young and so mature.

Ben is still here.

I like that conclusion better then my other one.
"Well lets dig in!" Catherine claps.
We all eat with the occasional chatter.
"So did you guys make cookies for Santa?" Taylor asks. I shake my head.
"What! How could you not?" He says with mock offence. I chuckle.
"We're gonna have to make those right away! Jessica your gonna help right?" Taylor asks. He looks serious.
"Yes sir!" Jessica salute.
"That a girl." Taylor grins.
We finish eating and Jack and I start on the dishes.