Help me

Taylor's POV

Today is it. Today is the day, I just have to hand the CD in with the right numbers. I turn to Kyle.
"Ready?" He asks with his hand in mine. We still weren't dating, no we agreed at least not until this Parker thing has been resolved.
"Ready." I say shakily.

We walk into the police office and what I see stops me in my tracks. Parker is speaking with his father. He turns and sees me and he freezes. He glares then walks over.
"Hey babe! You didn't have to meet me here! What are you doing here?" He asks while hugging me too tightly. I drop the CD and Kyle goes to pick it up when Parker grabs his arm.
"Oh hey man! Thanks for bringing him here." He says and snatches the CD.
"Why don't you boys come over." He all but drags us both out and throws us in his car.

"If any of you scream I will kill you." He says and I notice something shiny in his waistband. He took his dad's gun. Kyle stares at me terrified and I just look at my lap. We pull up to a place that isn't his house. He drags us out and throws Kyle to the ground. He aims a gun at him.

"It was you wasn't it! Putting the idea in his head that he could turn me in. I should kill you." He glares.
"Both of you, toss your phones." We toss our phones to the side. I have to help Kyle.

"Parker." I say suddenly and he turns his head to me.
"What?" He spits.
"Just let him go. He hasn't done anything to you."
"He tried to take you from me." He goes to turn his head back.
"No Parker!" I say quickly and he stares at me.
I slowly walk closer, filled with fear.
"Parker, I love you. Not him. Only you. He's just my friend. How would it look if your boyfriend was a loner?" I notice Kyle getting up.
"Parker we have so much history. I could only ever love you." Kyle tackles him from the waist down and the shock causes him to fall over.

"You asshole!" Parker screams.
"You cheater!" Parker screams at me. My heart is torn. I mean, sure, Parker hurts me. A lot, but, we did have an alright beginning.
He throws Kyle off and aims the gun at me. He pulls the trigger and everything happens in slow motion.

One second I'm preparing for death, the next Kyle is on the ground with a bullet wound seeping from his shoulder.
"Kyle!" I screech.
"D-don't come any closer! G-get o-out of here." Kyle chokes out in obvious pain.
Kyle is hunched over on the ground holding his shoulder. Parker stands up and walks over to Kyle. He kicks his wounded arm and Kyle screams in agony.

"You piece of shit!" I yell and I'm running at him before I can properly think about what I'm doing. I tackle him and the gun flies from his hand. I see red.
I slam my fists against him not even sure where I'm hitting. Before I realize what's happening I hear sirens and slowly I stop. I look over at Kyle and his eyes are glazing over. He has a puddle of blood around him.

"Kyle!" I cry out as I rush over. He has a phone in his hand.
"Kyle stay awake." I plead.
"R-re-relax. This isn't fat-fatal. Ju-just hurts." He says.
"I'm so sorry kyle." I say to him as I prop him onto my lap.
"I-I'm fine." He says and tries to smile, but only grimaces. Several cop cars and an ambulance pull up. The paramedics rush to Kyle and Parker.

"This ones just unconcious, should be fine." A male doctor says about Parker.
"We're going to take him from you now. The cops are going to ask you questions."
"Please let me go with him. I can speak to the cops there." I plead. The woman shows sympathy and nods.

We get into the ambulance and I hold his hand on his good arm. They sedated him to stop the pain.

When we get there he is tugged away and I face Parker's dad, and another officer.
"Alright kid what the fuck did you do?" Parkers dad, also known as Darrel spits at me.
"Darrel! Ignore him. What happened?" The other officer says.
"W-we were trying to turn Parker in, for abuse and sexual assault, w-when he was there and dragged us to his car. I-I have a USB with the proof at my h-house. A-and a list of numbers from his phone with names of b-boys since there are s-some witnesses." Tears come to my eyes remembering it. I finally realize that he's going to be gone now. I'm free now.
"I will drive you to your house to retrieve the evidence." I shakily pull the numbers sheet from my pocket and give it to him.
"C-can I make sure Kyle is alright first?" He nods and follows me to the nurse who just exited Kyle's room.
"Is he okay?" I ask nervously.
"They've removed the bullet and nothing seems fatal. We will keep him overnight to make sure it doesn't get infected. He's asleep right now." She smiles at me.
"Thank you." I turn back to the cop and he nods at me.