Can we really be friends

Kyle's POV

I so desperately wanted to know what was going on with Taylor and Parker. It wasn't my place to know; oh who am I kidding yes it is.
He is so afraid of Parker that he'll ditch me without a moments notice. I know Parker beats him. He came to the cafe littered with bruises, and I knew Parker gave them. How else could he get them?

Taylor drove me to work again and promised to pick me up. He said if he couldn't he would text in advance and forced me to take one of his sweaters again.

When I walked into the store Dave was there to greet me.
"Hey little man! How're you?" He greets and I groan.
"Hush lug." I mumble to him and he chuckles.
"Always so harsh." He says.
"Kay."
"And sassy too." I just glare at him.
"Just go into the back and put out some of the new stuff. The list is all there." He says and I nod.
He was an alright guy, cheery and weird, but alright.

I grabbed a box and started stocking the store well he did some files in the back.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to find two teenage girls, one with blue hair the other a blonde.
"Hi there, do you need any help?" I ask attempting a fake smile.

"Yea, we were wondering if you could help us get that sweatshirt down from there?" The blue haired one points at a black sweater shirt with grey and white hearts on it.
"Yea sure just let me get the hook and I'll be right back." I grab the box of clothes I had and walk back to the storage room. I grab the hook attached to the stick and walk back out. They chat happily to themselves.

"What size do you need?" I ask as I pull a few down.
"Medium." The blonde says shyly and I nod with a smile. I give them the sweater and hang the rest back up.

"Say how old are you? You look a little young." The blue haired one says. I mentally roll my eyes.
"It's the height isn't it?" I ask and she nods. I chuckle well mentally stabbing her.
"I'm 18." I say and her eyes widen.
"God, I thought you were 14 like us." I hold back a glare and shake my head.

They continue browsing so I head back and retrieve the box.
I continue this for another hour and help out a few more customers.
When a couple guys walk away from cash where Dave is once again located he calls me over.

"How bored are you?" He asks.
"Incredibly." I say and he chuckles.
"Wanna close up early?" He asks.
"I can give you a ride home." He adds. I shake my head.
"I've got a friend of mine picking me up when the shift ends." I explain. It feels weird calling Taylor a friend. Because you want it to be more.
Oh, you again.
Just admit I'm right.
Just fuck off?
You're talking to yourself again.
Then leave me alone!
I can't. I'm kind of you.
This isn't over.
Alright Mr. Insanity.

"Hey kid you alright?"
"Hmm? Oh, yea I just zoned out you were saying?" I mentally slap myself.
"I was saying; that's too bad. I'm bored as fuck." He says and I chuckle.
"Same same. Anything entertaining in the store?" I ask.
"Can I dress you like a girl?" He asks.
"What the hell? No." I say to him with a glare.
"Oh come on! Just once and nobody has to see. Its time to close up anyway it's 9:30. Just let me." He begs.
"No."
"Why not?" He pouts.
"I'm not a cross dresser?"
"You don't have to be. I just really wanna see you in a dress."
"What the fuck? Pervert." I mumble. He laughs.
"When you walked in I thought you were a cross dresser. You look very feminine." I felt heat rise to my cheeks.
"A-asshole." I mumble. I didn't want to admit I kind of wanted to know what I looked like in a dress too. What do they feel like? Would it be weird just not having pants on?
He suddenly starts tugging me to the dresses.
"H-hey!"
"Oh shush I'm sure your boyfriend would wanna see you in a dress too. What can I do to make you put it on?"
"I don't have a boyfriend!"
"I knew you were gay! My friends son is too."
"I never said I was gay!"
"Are you?"
"Maybe." I mumble. He ruffles my hair and I swat at his hands.
"You never answered my question." He says.
"Yes I'm gay."
"No I already knew that. What can I do to make you put on a dress?"
"You got 50 dollars?" I ask.
"Really?" He deadpans and I chuckle and nod. He pulls $50 out of his pocket and holds it out to me grinning. I gulp and snatch it, putting it in my pocket.
"Whatever. Let's just get this over with." I mumble. He squeals and runs over to the dresses.